1. This is just a message board, so i don't always worry how i type.
2. True about the awa, but also the other awa can be have a law suit by the wwe. wwe owns the right to the AWA letters as well.
3. wwf is now wwe due to a lawsuit by the wwf (world wildlife fund)
4. The nwa wished they had heyman, they would have been in great shape right now.
heyman and jim crocket formed an nwa promotion in the 90s, heyman left the project due to his commitment with ecw.
they were also the first promotion to shoot in HD,
The nwa though has been a shell if its former self for well over a decade.
For the past few years it didnt even have a champion since they signed the world and world tag belts over to tna for a limited amount of time. Lucky for them tna wanted out so they could establish the tna brand and have kurt angle as the first ever tna world champ.
But for the past year the nwa has started growing again. I hope it doesnt fail though. They have a small tv deal for NWA SHOWCASE. they are in works with airing it in spanish. And blue demon jr has started NWA mexico of which will air on spanish tv in the usa. They also signed a national dvd deal with bigvision entertainment ,
But back to awa superstars and zero 1. i'm glad those promotions left Dale, because he did nothing for them or the awa superstars brand. It just seamed like a group of individual companies working as individuals, not a true umbrella system at all.
2. While zero 1 was without a doubt a big promotion to have they were also losing money and at risk of going under. Japan hasn't been doing so well as of late. They have been a little stale, and need a good shake up. Unless you are ajpw or njpw then you have worries (asside from igf they are doing fine so far)
I think zero 1 was recently rumored to join the nwa, njpw has recentl rejoined the national wrestling alliance. But the nwa needs a big promotion that can help them right now. TNA just wasn't it.
I just wish ROH would have joined them, while not huge they would be of great value as a strong territory to compete with nwa pro and nwa anarchy(formerly wildside)
One thing is im glad that the nwa is getting more selective of members they take in. in the early 90s the nwa was dead. They really had no one, and were willing to take anyone in, but since they got bigger again they didnt want to have promotions that could only rep them in american legion halls and gyms.
They nwa is running a national tour right now. and have signed SID to an exclusive contract (which if offered a deal he wants to sign with wwe, he will be allowed to though)
rob conway is signed with the NWA (main nwa like sid) hes looking pretty good. he also does color sometimes on showcase.
and ecw was around since around 1990
wells as twa, then eastern championship wrestling, then extreme championship wrestling.