Music for Homebrew Games

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nakamichi »

Forgot to mention,I also see some influences from Prodigy here :)
Tursi
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Tursi »

I was just about halfway doing the music for Cool Herders,but it didn't came out as planned

For what it's worth, we really appreciate Nakamichi speaking up and trying to help, even if other things got in the way. Naka was the *only* person on all the forums to offer to help. And his music is pretty damn cool. :)

We did find someone through the usual chain of contacts, happily, and we'll have some updates to report soon, hopefully. We'll still on track for December completion.
Excessive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Excessive »

If someone here whant any guitar parts on their songs, please let me now! I have played guitar for seven years now. Both acoustic and electric.
:wink:
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

It's been a while...seems this topic is in some sort of deep hibernation after I left the forums for a while. :)
sedation
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sedation »

I GOT A FEW SONGS IF ANYONE WANTS SOME MUSIC!

(Yes, you're supposed to imagine that as a "retard" yelling... and no, I'm not a retardist or a racist. I'm just feelin' like yelling internally... and this works just as well.)

Anyway, yeah, I got a few songs that I composed when I was into composing music that people can use. Most really suck... but they're up for use if ya want'em. You'll have to email me though, since I probably won't be here, or even online much... that'd be the best way to get in touch with me though.

*Dude, I just noticed something. Remember when neo first realized how fast he was when he killed the agent in the first movie? I'm feelin' like that when I'm typing now... it's just so easy and smooth.

But yeah. Email me! ... Call me!

1-800-CALLWAVE

Once you get there, it'll ask for a number. Just press in my home number to leave me a message:

649-5**-**** :rumpshaker:

____
EDIT: Please do not leave personal information like this on the forums. Thank you.
This is (not) a block of text that can (not) be added to posts you (don't) make. There is (not) a 300 character limit.

Face it: You can (not) ignore what's (not) inside of parenthesis.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Sniff,sniff...what's that funny smell? Smells like spam to me.
Last edited by nakamichi on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Music for Homebrew Games

Post by aced411 »

My offer still stands. I will write new music specifically for a homebrew game. My strengths are dark music, ambient or agressive, dance....and my current links:
http://www.64konline.com
http://www.myspace.com/64k
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: Music for Homebrew Games

Post by nakamichi »

Nice to see that music for (commercial) homebrew has progressed greatly during the last couple of years.

The soundtrack for the upcoming DUX shooter,for example is a big step forward.
The German composer did a great job here - the quality is almost at the same level to what we're used to hear from high budget PlayStation shooters of the late 90s.

The bubbly water stage tune and the symphonic/fantasy march (ending credits?) are especially impressive.

If you still haven't listened to the DUX teaser MP3,do it now :)

http://www.blog.hucast.net/dux_medley.mp3

Made with FL Studio 7.
Nice and powerful piece of software,but without true linear sequencing,a score editor and extensive audio arranging/editing capabilities it's a bit too limited for my taste.