Mass Effect

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mass Effect

Post by Lunchbox »

Anyone else playing this? Its amazing. The dialogue is very well done and the story is very compelling.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Re: Mass Effect

Post by MulletMan13 »

What sortof game would you liken it to? I know its an RPG with other elements tossed in, but what is gameplay like?
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

MulletMan13 wrote:What sortof game would you liken it to? I know its an RPG with other elements tossed in, but what is gameplay like?
It feels more like a 3rd person shooter with rpg elements added in. I like it. The fighting doesn't get boring because it's not turn based. The story is pretty interesting. I started playing it last night and am liking what I've played thus far.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

The combat reminds me of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter the most. The cover mechanics, the squad orders, etc. But once you throw in the special powers it becomes a whole new ballgame.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Amazing. Fucking. Game.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I'm tempted to open one of the copies I have, but since I hated KoToR and only made it halfway through Jade Empire, I've restrained myself. Something tells me that if I do break down, a similar effect will be seen with Mass...um...Effect.
Very sexy hero, omg
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I just finished it, didn't complete many side quests, but mostly just the main.

WOW... what a story! Everything was explained so well, and it was really consuming. I loved the game, and I'm going through another playthrough with all of my stats allready at level 41 :D

I want to see the 'Renegade' ending though... I felt some satisfaction at the end, but I'd like to see all the other possibilities.

Great, great stuff. Reminded me a lot of Fable. I'm not into traditional RPGs (Final Fantasy), but I love these Action type RPGs. Anything else like this? I hear Jade Empire is.... but I'm not so sure?

Also I have played Oblivion and I absolutely HATED it. Boring combat, boring missions and lame story.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Kick ass fucking game, I think this game is a lot like shadowrun's combat actually, or if shadowrun had a single player, it would be like this. I beat it in only a few days, took me 15 hours total, got over 1,000,000 credits, spectre gear for my partners and self, and now I really kick ass, haha. I need to play it again, after I get it back from my friend.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I've read a few reviews and comments on several boards, and they all agree that the Inventory system sucks...

what the hell is the reason for this? I thought it was perfectly intuitive. You got full comparisons of objects side by side, could easily apply upgrades, and it was really easy to switch through people. I really don't care for RPGs for this very reason-- the inventory system sucks nuts; but I found Mass Effect's to be just fine. Using 'bio' powers on the other hand was kindof cumbersome.

I played Oblivion for about an hour, and couldn't stand it's Inventory system. So many confusing things in there, I was COMPLETELY lost, not to mention it took forever to load. I don't quite understand how that game gets praise for doing so many things 'right'. The hour I put into it, I was met with a shoddy framerate, a horrificially dated combat system (block, swing), and a devil that took nearly 20 swings of the blade to kill. What the hell was the draw of this game? The story was not compelling one bit, and putting on armor/equipping weapons/using items was so difficult. I'll pick it up and give it another go if people can explain. I'd love to hear that it picks up soon, or that there is some sort of 'fun' aspect to the game...
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

MulletMan13 wrote:I just finished it, didn't complete many side quests, but mostly just the main.
You didn't really miss out, the sidequests weren't upto much tbh. Main quest was pretty good though and as a whole the game was definitely worth a rental.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Fun game but felt really short. I was off to a slow start and took 3 days or so to get off of the citadel. After that I beat the rest of the game in an afternoon. Kind of disappointing.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead