EA Buys Bioware, Pandemic

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EA Buys Bioware, Pandemic

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Lunchbox wrote:Which EA games have ever cost more than the norm for their respective systems? I've yet to see them cross the usual 69.99 Canadian on next-gen systems, and 59.99 on last gen stuff. If anything I've seen EA games like 10 bucks cheaper than the usual 69.99 Canadian regularly. I got NHL 08 on 360 for 59.99 last month, and Madden 08 on 360 for 54.99.
Just out of curiosity: does the weak US dollar make those prices sting a bit more, or does it feel largely irrelevant? Seems like most Canadian prices (for goods coming from the US, at least) are based on the assumption that the Canadian dollar is only worth about 80% of its US equivalent.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:Which EA games have ever cost more than the norm for their respective systems? I've yet to see them cross the usual 69.99 Canadian on next-gen systems, and 59.99 on last gen stuff. If anything I've seen EA games like 10 bucks cheaper than the usual 69.99 Canadian regularly. I got NHL 08 on 360 for 59.99 last month, and Madden 08 on 360 for 54.99.
Just out of curiosity: does the weak US dollar make those prices sting a bit more, or does it feel largely irrelevant? Seems like most Canadian prices (for goods coming from the US, at least) are based on the assumption that the Canadian dollar is only worth about 80% of its US equivalent.
It does sting. Even when the Canadian dollar was weaker the 10 dollar difference was still bullshit. Some places like Walmart and VGP have dropped a few prices to match their U.S. equivalents but thats only on some of the bigger name games (Halo 3, Madden, etc). We got a better deal on the Wii when it was released though, but now we're paying more.

Part of me wants to drive down to Buffalo to buy new games but for what I'd pay in gas its not worth the hassle.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Awesome. The next RPG from Bioware will have amazing graphics to make up for rushed, crappy gameplay.

:\
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

And Fallout Boy in the EA Trax song selection! :|
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800