I finally found a high-speed connection

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I finally found a high-speed connection

Post by Smurph »

JellyWarrior wrote:I am sitting here happy with my 24MB / 1MB ADSL 2+ connection, but damn this 10GB download limit to hell!!!!
I has no download or upload limit. The only thing I dislike is the PPPoE and that Verizon blocks port 80, as well as deliberately cycles everyone's IPs around every few days (I have mine set to keep-alive) to sell their static IP business FiOS.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

JellyWarrior wrote:I am sitting here happy with my 24MB / 1MB ADSL 2+ connection, but damn this 10GB download limit to hell!!!!
10GB limit! Y'know if you really tried you could burn through that in just under an hour :P
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

sixteen-bit wrote:
10GB limit! Y'know if you really tried you could burn through that in just under an hour :P
Since I only recently moved I got 10GB to trial, but I've decided to add another 10GB for an extra $10 a month (so now $69 a month).

It sucks being in an area where data is so expensive, but I do understand why it is so expensive. They need to hurry up and build more connections to the rest of the world!
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Plain and simple, Aussie ISPs suck ass. :(
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Hasney wrote:Score. Be* just emailed me, my 24mbit unlimited connection is now £18 a month!
fukin nice
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Lucky bastards. Over here I've got around 7Mb down, 1Mb up. Latency on American/European game servers is another story.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

AuroEdge wrote:Lucky bastards. Over here I've got around 7Mb down, 1Mb up. Latency on American/European game servers is another story.
I usually find while on US servers that I get pings of about 150~250 ms but the game is still stable and playable (it's not dropped packets, just extra travel time for the signal). I often join US servers because I find 15~40 pings on Aussie servers a little easy at times, having a slight lag is a good challenge.

One thing I also notice that most US people playing on US servers seem to have pings of about 100~250ms, sometimes my pings are better than people actually in the US. Why is that? Do you all have torrent going 24/7 or something?
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

JellyWarrior wrote:
AuroEdge wrote:Lucky bastards. Over here I've got around 7Mb down, 1Mb up. Latency on American/European game servers is another story.
I usually find while on US servers that I get pings of about 150~250 ms but the game is still stable and playable (it's not dropped packets, just extra travel time for the signal). I often join US servers because I find 15~40 pings on Aussie servers a little easy at times, having a slight lag is a good challenge.

One thing I also notice that most US people playing on US servers seem to have pings of about 100~250ms, sometimes my pings are better than people actually in the US. Why is that? Do you all have torrent going 24/7 or something?
That's possible although I suppose they also didn't do any shopping around for their provider. Most places in America have at least two broadband services to choose from.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant