So Microsoft called me about a settlement.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So Microsoft called me about a settlement.

Post by stagg »

But I wasn't home to get the all so they left a message on the machine. If you guys would tell me what you think about all this that I have to say to them. I filed the complaint to the BBB after my console died threw the recommendation of a friend, who got some stuff out of it.

Here are my points I am going to say.

First I would like to get at least a month of Xbox Live, considering I am paying for this service and throwout the repair I was unable to use it, as I did not have my console.
Second I will tell them that I so far have had a console break down on me, a wireless microphone break down for me, both which needed to be sent in for repair, and now I found out that all the $150 Microsoft Steering Wheels are defective and I will need to send it in as well.
I mainly will tell them that it is rather annoying to be dealing with all of this, and I have only had my system for about a year and it, and it's accessory's are all ready coming apart. I think I will try and get a free game or two, as I have read that this is what Microsoft usually suggests. As well as I will see if I can get a Memory Card, so I can say I want to have a backup of my games in case my system does break again. Anything I should add or change?
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Re: So Microsoft called me about a settlement.

Post by Calavera »

joo should also ask for free monies!
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

What you want to do is to write a demand letter. Write out what happened and how it affected you then place a dollar amount on it. For instance write something like.

On April 30 I bought X game for 69.99 my xbox broke that same week and I have been unable to play the game. It now sells for 29.99 I am asking for 40 dollars for the deprecated value of the game. Then enclose a receipt.Do the same with Xbox Live its 49 a year and you are out of a month so thats like 5 bucks plus 20 dollars in inconvenience.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

M$ sux
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

This is exactly why I'm not interested in a 360. They just simply don't seem to be reliable hardware.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Shite... all the wheels are defective? My 360 is a launch unit and hasnt had any problems thus far, but I got a wheel a while back.... I really don't want to be bothered to send it in =\
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

How did I know SuperMegatron was going to be the first person to respond to Stagg's post? :lol:
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

MulletMan13 wrote:Shite... all the wheels are defective? My 360 is a launch unit and hasnt had any problems thus far, but I got a wheel a while back.... I really don't want to be bothered to send it in =\
"Xbox 360: Important Wireless Racing Wheel Retrofit Info"
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/?WT.svl=nav

It is actually something they send to you I believe. I could then say that I have waited a month to play PGR3 and now I have to wait even LONGER.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

melancholy wrote:How did I know SuperMegatron was going to be the first person to respond to Stagg's post? :lol:
LOL.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

This is exactly why I'm not interested in a 360. They just simply don't seem to be reliable hardware
[/quote]

More importantly, some of them SCRATCH THE HELL out of discs. >_<

That said, the newer ones are much better, and when the new chip design comes out (which is supposed to have much better cooling, etc) I may pick one up.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

hehe I must have some sort of super unbreakable 360 because it's been nothing but gold for the past year and a half of heavy use :mrgreen:

Come to think of it, I don't think ANY of my consoles have ever broken down on me. Sure the NES needed the occasional blow but thats about it
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

stagg wrote: First I would like to get at least a month of Xbox Live, considering I am paying for this service and throwout the repair I was unable to use it, as I did not have my console.
funny, when my brother got his 360 back from MS they included a one month xbox live card.

stop trying to mooch.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

MulletMan13 wrote:Shite... all the wheels are defective? My 360 is a launch unit and hasnt had any problems thus far, but I got a wheel a while back.... I really don't want to be bothered to send it in =\
Only the most very recent ones where. They arent defective per say but have a 15% chance of over heating is what Microsoft says. They of course will replace them for free. How a wheel over heats is beyond me.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Lunchbox wrote:Sure the NES needed the occasional blow but thats about it

Hawt videogame pr0n! :naughty:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Lartrak wrote:
This is exactly why I'm not interested in a 360. They just simply don't seem to be reliable hardware

That said, the newer ones are much better, and when the new chip design comes out (which is supposed to have much better cooling, etc) I may pick one up.[/quote]

Do you know if those new chip designs will be in the Halo 360? I'm thinking about picking one up.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

JuddWack wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

That said, the newer ones are much better, and when the new chip design comes out (which is supposed to have much better cooling, etc) I may pick one up.

Do you know if those new chip designs will be in the Halo 360? I'm thinking about picking one up.[/quote]
They use a new cooling but not the new 65mn chipset.
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

I think all consoles are made supershittily personally, I've never had a console where a controller didn't crap out on me, and my hands are not very big.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...Wait a minute. Don't you need to be an adult to have legal standing in this sort of thing? Wouldn't MS have to deal with one of Stagg's parents instead?
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

DaMadFiddler wrote:...Wait a minute. Don't you need to be an adult to have legal standing in this sort of thing? Wouldn't MS have to deal with one of Stagg's parents instead?
ZOMG DMF PULLS THE MAD BURN!!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Code-Red wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:...Wait a minute. Don't you need to be an adult to have legal standing in this sort of thing? Wouldn't MS have to deal with one of Stagg's parents instead?
ZOMG DMF PULLS THE MAD BURN!!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It actually was a serious question :P