Metal Gear Solid 4 and 360

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Metal Gear Solid 4 and 360

Post by StriderXg2 »

No, im not trying to get anyones hopes up trying to make this a joke topic or for some cheap thrills.

Kojima said something interesting about how the PS3 is like a movie theatre, well, i'll quote him:"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/feature- ... 248695.php Yes this is a month old, but he said nothing of the game not coming to the 360 at all, nill. His comparison was like a movie comes to the theatre first(PS3), then it comes out on DVD(360), then on tv,(the Wii-although MGS4-not a family game). So if a movie comes out, it eventually comes out on DVD, which is the 360, he was just talking over our heads, and, of course the systems and their type of power,like earlier how he compared them to food dishes. I know he means at least two different meanings here, and unless he had elaborated further, i dont what would hurt in thinking it will eventually show up on 360 like a movie that comes out eventually on dvd.

His parting statement on a 360 version isnt ruled out "Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips.

And eventually it will, methinks.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 and 360

Post by melancholy »

I thought they announced that it was coming to 360 six months after the PS3 version or something. Or that might have just been rumors again.
Deth2k7
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Deth2k7 »

I feel it will eventually make its way to the Xbox 360, it would make sense.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

melancholy wrote:I thought they announced that it was coming to 360 six months after the PS3 version or something. Or that might have just been rumors again.
As far as I know, it has all been rumors and speculation. If I remember correctly, in another interview... maybe it was a year ago... Kojima was asked if MGS4 could be done on a 360. He said "yes", and from that, I think the rumors really starting flying. He has never said it will be, only that it is technically possible. I could have my time line all mixed up though. This was a long time ago, and I'm too lazy to find a link.

I think it is probable it will happen though if the 360 stays ahead of the PS3 by the margin it has now. There are no guarantees it will stay that way though.

I'm a bit disappointed that FF13 will be PS3 only though. However, I look at it this way. I don't need to play it now or next year (this applies to MSG4 too if it remains in the PS3 camp). I can wait. At some point, the PS3 won't be $600 and both of these games will be greatest hits and cheap.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Alright, I just did a quick search and found the article that stated MGS4 was confirmed for 360...and then another article dated 2 days later saying the source for the previous article was wrong and Konami denied the confirmation. So I guess it is still up in the air.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

To add more steam to the fire or should that be smoke to the fire??.
Konami Patches MGS4 Trailer from E3 2006
Removes PS3 branding in the process -- don't panic.
There was another, more subtle change: removal of PlayStation 3 branding near the end. OMG! Finally, proof that Kojima Productions has been porting the game to Xbox 360 all along!
Or, more likely, they've simply changed the credits page to fall in line with the later-released Tokyo Game Show 2006 trailer, which also doesn't feature the PS3 branding

Full story here: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160129 .

Now why would they even remove the PS3 brand name from the trailer??, something tells me it has more to it then to just put it in line with the Tokyo Game Show trailer...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Is it that hard for people to just wait for an official announcement from Konami?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Is there any reason to think that MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive? It seems weird to look for all these little "hints" given the history of the series. As far as I know, the only exclusive in the Metal Gear series so far (leaving aside port/remakes and spinoffs like Acid, Ghost Babel, Snake's Revenge et. al.) is MGS3, and it's not clear to me that there was any good platform to port that to, considering that MS basically intended for 360 to kill off Xbox.
Iced Coffee man
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Iced Coffee man »

BoneyCork wrote:Is it that hard for people to just wait for an official announcement from Konami?
What's going on? Snake? ......Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE :o
Fuck you, the dark patriot