gdinfo_Fg Ver.2 My enchancement of gdinfo.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
FamilyGuy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

gdinfo_Fg Ver.2 My enchancement of gdinfo.

Post by FamilyGuy »

I happen to have a tool from an unknown author wich is called gdinfo. it's useful to get many of the infos of an ip.bin, and mainly used to get the TOC of the HD area of a gd-rom.

But it is long to always write like 20 lines of text to get it to works, and almost impossible to get a text file out of it. So i thought: Why not to enchance it to be a simple .exe that you 2ble click to get the infos of a ip.bin in the same folder ? Then I thought: Why not to add a feature so you can get infos of a file wich isn't called ip.bin ? Then I thought Why no to add an easteregg and an auto-loging infos into a text file ? Then I ahd no more ideas beside letting it released to the people who might think it's of any use. A cookie will be gived to the first person who find the easteregg.

So here is it :
In the rar, I wrote:Run it in the same folder as a ip.bin to get infos from it.

To get infos from a file wich is not named ip.bin, simply add the name of the file after gdinfo_FG in a command line : gdinfo_FG 123.bin

This can also be used for folders : gdinfo_FG "123/123.bin" OR gdinfo_FG "../123.bin" for a lower directory.

The infos are stored in a text file name "game info.bin"

I'm not the original author of this program, I only enchanced it to fix some output file problem and add an easteregg, easy handling and support for directories.

-=FamilyGuy=-
THe file is attached to the post.

Any comments are welcome, I hope it would be of any help to you.

Thank you very much !

-=FamilyGuy=-
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: gdinfo_Fg Ver.2 My enchancement of gdinfo.

Post by Juan »

Good job.
Mark30001
Mark30001
Mark30001
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: gdinfo_Fg Ver.2 My enchancement of gdinfo.

Post by Mark30001 »

Would be great if this file still existed. ;)