disc resets at Pike screen

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
ragnarok989
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

disc resets at Pike screen

Post by ragnarok989 »

Hi i just got my dreamcast yesterday and for both days ive been trying to get this emulator working (one of the main reasons i bought one) and every disc i make either doesn't load or resets at the Pike screen.

Alright I have DreamSNES 0.9.8 folder then CD folder inside it with the IP.BIN, 0GDTEX.PVR and 1DSNES.SH4 and gfx,locale,roms, and sound folders where i have the roms in the roms folder and MP3's in the sound folder then i use Bootdreams 1.0.3a to make a DiscJuggler image then i go into DiscJuggler and burn the image using the default settings except i change the mode from Audio to Mode 1/DVD (i was told to do so in a guide to burn DC games) but when i try and boot it the Dreamcast freezes what am i missing/doing wrong?

Also, I don't have a VMU yet so could that be why? (doubt but you never know)
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Try burning the emulator in Alcohol 120%. I know it's not much help, but it could be the problem.
ragnarok989
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ragnarok989 »

Calavera wrote:Try burning the emulator in Alcohol 120%. I know it's not much help, but it could be the problem.
What settings work the best? i've tried using it before (tried Nero too) with no luck
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: disc resets at Pike screen

Post by |darc| »

ragnarok989 wrote:Hi i just got my dreamcast yesterday and for both days ive been trying to get this emulator working (one of the main reasons i bought one) and every disc i make either doesn't load or resets at the Pike screen.

Alright I have DreamSNES 0.9.8 folder then CD folder inside it with the IP.BIN, 0GDTEX.PVR and 1DSNES.SH4 and gfx,locale,roms, and sound folders where i have the roms in the roms folder and MP3's in the sound folder then i use Bootdreams 1.0.3a to make a DiscJuggler image then i go into DiscJuggler and burn the image using the default settings except i change the mode from Audio to Mode 1/DVD (i was told to do so in a guide to burn DC games) but when i try and boot it the Dreamcast freezes what am i missing/doing wrong?

Don't edit any of the settings. I don't know why people insist upon doing this. Leave them alone.
It's thinking...
ragnarok989
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ragnarok989 »

|darc| wrote:
ragnarok989 wrote:Hi i just got my dreamcast yesterday and for both days ive been trying to get this emulator working (one of the main reasons i bought one) and every disc i make either doesn't load or resets at the Pike screen.

Don't edit any of the settings. I don't know why people insist upon doing this. Leave them alone.
I already tried that it didn't even load it went to the music screen
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

If this is your first try to burn an image you should download one from DCEvolution.net - like The Sandman - and see if you can get that to work:

Info: http://www.dcevolution.net/goto.php?id=88
Download: http://www.dcevolution.net/cgi-bin/down ... andman.rar
Insane homebrew collector.
ragnarok989
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ragnarok989 »

Christuserloeser wrote:
If this is your first try to burn an image you should download one from DCEvolution.net - like The Sandman - and see if you can get that to work:

Info: http://www.dcevolution.net/goto.php?id=88
Download: http://www.dcevolution.net/cgi-bin/down ... andman.rar
oh i've burnt DC games before and they worked but its just emulators i don't know how to compile/burn
Christuserloeser

Did you have any luck with Alcohol120% ?

Btw, did you notice this tutorial ?
viewtopic.php?t=68460
ragnarok989
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ragnarok989 »

Christuserloeser wrote:Did you have any luck with Alcohol120% ?

Btw, did you notice this tutorial ?
viewtopic.php?t=68460
Like I said before Alcohol120% doesn't change anything and yeah i noticed that tutorial. I think its the image thats messed up because i downloaded a image of DreamSNES and it burns and plays just fine but it doesn't have the games i want (mainly a few japanese translated ones)
Christuserloeser

Strange. Let me post some things that possibly could go wrong in the process and may have caused problems for some:

- You are burning the CDR faster than the slowest speed your burner is capable of
- The type of media you use isn't of a good quality
- ROMS.LST is missing or incomplete
- You are trying to burn DreamSNES from a folder other than C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\ or C:\BootDreams\DSNES\
- Certain files or subdirectories aren't where they should be

...maybe yours is linked to one of those?
ragnarok989
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ragnarok989 »

Christuserloeser wrote:Strange. Let me post some things that possibly could go wrong in the process and may have caused problems for some:

- You are burning the CDR faster than the slowest speed your burner is capable of
- The type of media you use isn't of a good quality
Like I said before i've burnt a copy before and it works fine
Christuserloeser wrote:- ROMS.LST is missing or incomplete
Isn't that optional anyway...but i've used the tool to make one still nothing
Christuserloeser wrote:- You are trying to burn DreamSNES from a folder other than C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\ or C:\BootDreams\DSNES\
the in BootDreams i use the
"C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\dreamsnes-0.9.8\cd" folder
Christuserloeser wrote:- Certain files or subdirectories aren't where they should be
theres a gfx folder with a bunch of ZVR files, a locale folder with .txt files, roms folder with unzipped SMC roms, and a sound folder with mp3s in it, and IP.BIN, 1DSNES.SH4, and 0GDTEX.PVR outside the folders in the cd folder
Christuserloeser

ragnarok989 wrote:
Christuserloeser wrote:- You are trying to burn DreamSNES from a folder other than C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\ or C:\BootDreams\DSNES\
the in BootDreams i use the
"C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\dreamsnes-0.9.8\cd" folder
Copy everything to C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\ or C:\BootDreams\DSNES\ and try again.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

If the boot disc for DSNES worked then you could just burn a rom disc with the games you want on them (you just burn a plain data cd and it works)
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God