DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:41 pm 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Hi i just got my dreamcast yesterday and for both days ive been trying to get this emulator working (one of the main reasons i bought one) and every disc i make either doesn't load or resets at the Pike screen.

Alright I have DreamSNES 0.9.8 folder then CD folder inside it with the IP.BIN, 0GDTEX.PVR and 1DSNES.SH4 and gfx,locale,roms, and sound folders where i have the roms in the roms folder and MP3's in the sound folder then i use Bootdreams 1.0.3a to make a DiscJuggler image then i go into DiscJuggler and burn the image using the default settings except i change the mode from Audio to Mode 1/DVD (i was told to do so in a guide to burn DC games) but when i try and boot it the Dreamcast freezes what am i missing/doing wrong?

Also, I don't have a VMU yet so could that be why? (doubt but you never know)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:26 am 
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Try burning the emulator in Alcohol 120%. I know it's not much help, but it could be the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:20 pm 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Calavera wrote:
Try burning the emulator in Alcohol 120%. I know it's not much help, but it could be the problem.

What settings work the best? i've tried using it before (tried Nero too) with no luck

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:29 pm 
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

ragnarok989 wrote:
Hi i just got my dreamcast yesterday and for both days ive been trying to get this emulator working (one of the main reasons i bought one) and every disc i make either doesn't load or resets at the Pike screen.

Alright I have DreamSNES 0.9.8 folder then CD folder inside it with the IP.BIN, 0GDTEX.PVR and 1DSNES.SH4 and gfx,locale,roms, and sound folders where i have the roms in the roms folder and MP3's in the sound folder then i use Bootdreams 1.0.3a to make a DiscJuggler image then i go into DiscJuggler and burn the image using the default settings except i change the mode from Audio to Mode 1/DVD (i was told to do so in a guide to burn DC games) but when i try and boot it the Dreamcast freezes what am i missing/doing wrong?

Don't edit any of the settings. I don't know why people insist upon doing this. Leave them alone.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:45 pm 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

|darc| wrote:
ragnarok989 wrote:

Don't edit any of the settings. I don't know why people insist upon doing this. Leave them alone.

I already tried that it didn't even load it went to the music screen

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:37 am 

ragnarok989 wrote:

If this is your first try to burn an image you should download one from DCEvolution.net - like The Sandman - and see if you can get that to work:

Info: http://www.dcevolution.net/goto.php?id=88
Download: http://www.dcevolution.net/cgi-bin/down ... andman.rar

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:22 pm 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Christuserloeser wrote:
ragnarok989 wrote:

If this is your first try to burn an image you should download one from DCEvolution.net - like The Sandman - and see if you can get that to work:

Info: http://www.dcevolution.net/goto.php?id=88
Download: http://www.dcevolution.net/cgi-bin/down ... andman.rar

oh i've burnt DC games before and they worked but its just emulators i don't know how to compile/burn

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:49 am 

Did you have any luck with Alcohol120% ?

Btw, did you notice this tutorial ?
http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=68460

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:29 pm 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Christuserloeser wrote:
Did you have any luck with Alcohol120% ?

Btw, did you notice this tutorial ?
http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=68460

Like I said before Alcohol120% doesn't change anything and yeah i noticed that tutorial. I think its the image thats messed up because i downloaded a image of DreamSNES and it burns and plays just fine but it doesn't have the games i want (mainly a few japanese translated ones)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:01 am 

Strange. Let me post some things that possibly could go wrong in the process and may have caused problems for some:

- You are burning the CDR faster than the slowest speed your burner is capable of
- The type of media you use isn't of a good quality
- ROMS.LST is missing or incomplete
- You are trying to burn DreamSNES from a folder other than C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\ or C:\BootDreams\DSNES\
- Certain files or subdirectories aren't where they should be

...maybe yours is linked to one of those?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:40 pm 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Christuserloeser wrote:
Strange. Let me post some things that possibly could go wrong in the process and may have caused problems for some:

- You are burning the CDR faster than the slowest speed your burner is capable of
- The type of media you use isn't of a good quality

Like I said before i've burnt a copy before and it works fine

Christuserloeser wrote:
- ROMS.LST is missing or incomplete

Isn't that optional anyway...but i've used the tool to make one still nothing

Christuserloeser wrote:
- You are trying to burn DreamSNES from a folder other than C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\ or C:\BootDreams\DSNES\

the in BootDreams i use the
"C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\dreamsnes-0.9.8\cd" folder

Christuserloeser wrote:
- Certain files or subdirectories aren't where they should be

theres a gfx folder with a bunch of ZVR files, a locale folder with .txt files, roms folder with unzipped SMC roms, and a sound folder with mp3s in it, and IP.BIN, 1DSNES.SH4, and 0GDTEX.PVR outside the folders in the cd folder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:42 pm 

ragnarok989 wrote:
Christuserloeser wrote:

the in BootDreams i use the
"C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\dreamsnes-0.9.8\cd" folder

Copy everything to C:\BootDreams\DreamSNES\ or C:\BootDreams\DSNES\ and try again.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:30 pm 
zerotype

If the boot disc for DSNES worked then you could just burn a rom disc with the games you want on them (you just burn a plain data cd and it works)

There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God