DreamSnes Newbie Question?

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Balthezar
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DreamSnes Newbie Question?

Post by Balthezar »

Ok I am wondering if there is an in depth tutorial on how to make a self-booting disc of roms for Dreamcast using Dream Snes and the graphical installer to make it look better.

Also I would like to know if it will run games like Star Ocean that have a translation installed. If not is there a DC Emulator that can do so.

Also one more thing is there a torrent that has all PAL versions of the snes roms if so could I have the link please.

Last but not least if I use that PAL rom on a NTSC tv will it be full screen or are any of them full screen. Thanks
Christuserloeser

Re: DreamSnes Newbie Question?

Post by Christuserloeser »

Balthezar wrote:Ok I am wondering if there is an in depth tutorial on how to make a self-booting disc of roms for Dreamcast using Dream Snes and the graphical installer to make it look better.
This is a good one using BootDreams: viewtopic.php?t=68460
Balthezar wrote:Also I would like to know if it will run games like Star Ocean that have a translation installed. If not is there a DC Emulator that can do so.
Translations do work as normal games do, however Star Ocean and Super Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2 are not supported by DreamSNES because they used the rare S-DD1 compression to store graphics.

You could use SNES4All and Super Famicast for these games.
Balthezar wrote:Also one more thing is there a torrent that has all PAL versions of the snes roms if so could I have the link please.
PAL games are usually labeled in GoodSNES standards... - Still, I couldn't link you to a torrent, as that's against the rules of this forum.
Balthezar wrote:Last but not least if I use that PAL rom on a NTSC tv will it be full screen or are any of them full screen. Thanks
I would guess they do. You can set 60Hz display in DreamSNES' options if your TV doesn't support 50Hz ;)
Insane homebrew collector.
Balthezar
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0

Post by Balthezar »

thanks a lot just got my dreamcast and need to test this out