DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:17 pm 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone ported it? When I search all I find is that it has been ported to Nintendo DS.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:54 pm 
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

apedosmil wrote:
Has anyone ported it? When I search all I find is that it has been ported to Nintendo DS.

Yes, but you'll need a keyboard to play. Support for DC pads has not been added yet...and likely never will, as the project has been discontinued.

http://sdl-dc.sourceforge.net/#duke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:16 pm 
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Ah damn.. looks rather limited. Guess I'll try and get it to run in OS X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:35 pm 
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Hell the last time I played the XBox port, that didn't even work. Or it required Atomic Edition or something. Either way I doubt we'll ever see Duke3D on either Dreamcast or XBox or any console port, not including playstation, n64, saturn and mega drive or whatever else it was on at some point :P

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:33 pm 
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

The Mega Drive was released only on Brazil? That must be a very rare game to get :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:38 pm 
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Skynet wrote:
Hell the last time I played the XBox port, that didn't even work. Or it required Atomic Edition or something. Either way I doubt we'll ever see Duke3D on either Dreamcast or XBox or any console port, not including playstation, n64, saturn and mega drive or whatever else it was on at some point :P

The Playstation version was terrible, though the Saturn edition is supposedly a pretty good rendition of the game. I had the PC version of Duke3D when I had my Saturn, so I wouldn't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:52 am 
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

I've played it on PC, N64 and the crappy mega drive one. :lol: And for the record, I like the N64 version of the theme song the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am 
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Wasn't the Genesis (yes, I'm American :P) version of the game more or less just some Duke Nukem graphics stuffed into an entirely unrelated simple FPS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:28 am 
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

I think it probably was as I don't think the game itself resembled Duke3D all that much. :lol: As for the Mega Drive/Genesis thing, I switch between the two so often it's not funny. One day I'll call it Genesis, another I'll call it Mega Drive. Depends who I'm talking to, where they come from, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:23 am 
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Skynet wrote:
I think it probably was as I don't think the game itself resembled Duke3D all that much. :lol: As for the Mega Drive/Genesis thing, I switch between the two so often it's not funny. One day I'll call it Genesis, another I'll call it Mega Drive. Depends who I'm talking to, where they come from, etc.

Actually if you are non-american, you must call it Mega Drive. That's the original name

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Wikipedia article on Duke Nukem 3D wrote:
In 1998, it was also ported to the Sega Mega Drive by Tec Toy. The obscurity of this port (it was released only in Brazil) has frequently led to it being mistaken for an unlicensed "hack". It is not based on any other game made for the Mega Drive, instead it was programmed from the ground up by Tec Toy. 3D Realms claims that the port is not legal, but Tec Toy maintains that it was licensed by now-defunct publisher GT Interactive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:22 am 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

i would be really happy if someone would work again on duke for dreamcast, the even got it working very good on the gp32 (and now even DS, though its slow yet), so the dreamcast should have more than enough power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:18 am 
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

JKKDARK wrote:
Skynet wrote:

Actually if you are non-american, you must call it Mega Drive. That's the original name
So that's enforcible by who? I can call it what I want. :P

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:32 pm 
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Skynet wrote:

The Playstation version was terrible, though the Saturn edition is supposedly a pretty good rendition of the game. I had the PC version of Duke3D when I had my Saturn, so I wouldn't know.

i have the saturn version and a netlink modem :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:39 am 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Saturn version isn't all that great, it's got a ton of stuff missing from the PC and PSX version although it looks darn good.

"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:12 pm 
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

The Saturn versions of Duke Nukem 3D and Quake uses the Powerslave engine, that's why they're so different from their PC versions.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:12 pm 
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

az_bont wrote:
Wikipedia article on Duke Nukem 3D wrote:
In 1998, it was also ported to the Sega Mega Drive by Tec Toy. The obscurity of this port (it was released only in Brazil) has frequently led to it being mistaken for an unlicensed "hack". It is not based on any other game made for the Mega Drive, instead it was programmed from the ground up by Tec Toy. 3D Realms claims that the port is not legal, but Tec Toy maintains that it was licensed by now-defunct publisher GT Interactive.

They did a decent job from what I played, considering the Genesis limitations. I just tried it, it's very hard. I'd love to get a cart of it, but it's probably very expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:50 pm 
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

wasen't the port we had to Dreamcast just limited to the Demo or something due to RAM limitations?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:25 pm 
DC Developer
DC Developer

It was limited to shareware because of ram.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:14 pm 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

I'd also like to point out that the Xbox port of Duke3D is flawless, someone is using the wrong version. ;)

"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."