duke nukem 3d on dreamcast?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
apedosmil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

duke nukem 3d on dreamcast?

Post by apedosmil »

Has anyone ported it? When I search all I find is that it has been ported to Nintendo DS.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: duke nukem 3d on dreamcast?

Post by DaMadFiddler »

apedosmil wrote:Has anyone ported it? When I search all I find is that it has been ported to Nintendo DS.
Yes, but you'll need a keyboard to play. Support for DC pads has not been added yet...and likely never will, as the project has been discontinued.

http://sdl-dc.sourceforge.net/#duke
apedosmil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by apedosmil »

Ah damn.. looks rather limited. Guess I'll try and get it to run in OS X.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Hell the last time I played the XBox port, that didn't even work. Or it required Atomic Edition or something. Either way I doubt we'll ever see Duke3D on either Dreamcast or XBox or any console port, not including playstation, n64, saturn and mega drive or whatever else it was on at some point :P
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

The Mega Drive was released only on Brazil? That must be a very rare game to get :)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Skynet wrote:Hell the last time I played the XBox port, that didn't even work. Or it required Atomic Edition or something. Either way I doubt we'll ever see Duke3D on either Dreamcast or XBox or any console port, not including playstation, n64, saturn and mega drive or whatever else it was on at some point :P
The Playstation version was terrible, though the Saturn edition is supposedly a pretty good rendition of the game. I had the PC version of Duke3D when I had my Saturn, so I wouldn't know.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I've played it on PC, N64 and the crappy mega drive one. :lol: And for the record, I like the N64 version of the theme song the best.

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Wasn't the Genesis (yes, I'm American :P) version of the game more or less just some Duke Nukem graphics stuffed into an entirely unrelated simple FPS?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I think it probably was as I don't think the game itself resembled Duke3D all that much. :lol: As for the Mega Drive/Genesis thing, I switch between the two so often it's not funny. One day I'll call it Genesis, another I'll call it Mega Drive. Depends who I'm talking to, where they come from, etc.

JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

Skynet wrote:I think it probably was as I don't think the game itself resembled Duke3D all that much. :lol: As for the Mega Drive/Genesis thing, I switch between the two so often it's not funny. One day I'll call it Genesis, another I'll call it Mega Drive. Depends who I'm talking to, where they come from, etc.
Actually if you are non-american, you must call it Mega Drive. That's the original name
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Wikipedia article on Duke Nukem 3D wrote:In 1998, it was also ported to the Sega Mega Drive by Tec Toy. The obscurity of this port (it was released only in Brazil) has frequently led to it being mistaken for an unlicensed "hack". It is not based on any other game made for the Mega Drive, instead it was programmed from the ground up by Tec Toy. 3D Realms claims that the port is not legal, but Tec Toy maintains that it was licensed by now-defunct publisher GT Interactive.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Sonic-NKT
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sonic-NKT »

i would be really happy if someone would work again on duke for dreamcast, the even got it working very good on the gp32 (and now even DS, though its slow yet), so the dreamcast should have more than enough power.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

JKKDARK wrote:
Skynet wrote:I think it probably was as I don't think the game itself resembled Duke3D all that much. :lol: As for the Mega Drive/Genesis thing, I switch between the two so often it's not funny. One day I'll call it Genesis, another I'll call it Mega Drive. Depends who I'm talking to, where they come from, etc.
Actually if you are non-american, you must call it Mega Drive. That's the original name
So that's enforcible by who? I can call it what I want. :P

gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re:

Post by gamedudex2 »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Skynet wrote:Hell the last time I played the XBox port, that didn't even work. Or it required Atomic Edition or something. Either way I doubt we'll ever see Duke3D on either Dreamcast or XBox or any console port, not including playstation, n64, saturn and mega drive or whatever else it was on at some point :P
The Playstation version was terrible, though the Saturn edition is supposedly a pretty good rendition of the game. I had the PC version of Duke3D when I had my Saturn, so I wouldn't know.
i have the saturn version and a netlink modem :)
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Saturn version isn't all that great, it's got a ton of stuff missing from the PC and PSX version although it looks darn good.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The Saturn versions of Duke Nukem 3D and Quake uses the Powerslave engine, that's why they're so different from their PC versions.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re:

Post by Lartrak »

az_bont wrote:
Wikipedia article on Duke Nukem 3D wrote:In 1998, it was also ported to the Sega Mega Drive by Tec Toy. The obscurity of this port (it was released only in Brazil) has frequently led to it being mistaken for an unlicensed "hack". It is not based on any other game made for the Mega Drive, instead it was programmed from the ground up by Tec Toy. 3D Realms claims that the port is not legal, but Tec Toy maintains that it was licensed by now-defunct publisher GT Interactive.
They did a decent job from what I played, considering the Genesis limitations. I just tried it, it's very hard. I'd love to get a cart of it, but it's probably very expensive.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

wasen't the port we had to Dreamcast just limited to the Demo or something due to RAM limitations?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

It was limited to shareware because of ram.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'd also like to point out that the Xbox port of Duke3D is flawless, someone is using the wrong version. ;)
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."