Confirmed: New NiGHTS Game To Show Up On The Nintendo Wii!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Also posted on IGN as of this morning.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Ha! Told ya! :wink:
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

This sounds like it could be the first real test of the Wii's potential.

Are there any other candidates for producing something really, really fantastic (of Rez calibur) on the Wii? I haven't been following it as I'd like. I don't own one yet. Pong got old a long time ago. I'm just waiting for something fantastic.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

jaredfogle wrote:This sounds like it could be the first real test of the Wii's potential.

Are there any other candidates for producing something really, really fantastic (of Rez calibur) on the Wii? I haven't been following it as I'd like. I don't own one yet. Pong got old a long time ago. I'm just waiting for something fantastic.
If you're not stoked for Super Paper Mario, you haven't been paying attention ;)

Also, Telltale confirmed last month that they are porting the new Sam & Max episodes to Wii and XBLA.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

So this is the long lost Dreamcast Air NiGHTs?
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

It'll be interesting to see how it controls. It may end up being like the Sega Superstars game for the PS2:

Which by no means is a bad thing, since the eyetoy controls worked out in the end. It simulated the theme of 'human flight' quite well actually.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Joestar wrote:It'll be interesting to see how it controls. It may end up being like the Sega Superstars game for the PS2:

Which by no means is a bad thing, since the eyetoy controls worked out in the end. It simulated the theme of 'human flight' quite well actually.
Any game that requires you to stand with your arms outstretched for over 5 minutes is fundamentally broken in design.

Go ahead and stand like that until it becomes painful. Then imagine you are having to raise your arms up and down intermittently to fly through rings.

Then realise you have to do it for another 3 minutes.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Joestar wrote:It'll be interesting to see how it controls. It may end up being like the Sega Superstars game for the PS2:

Any game that requires you to stand with your arms outstretched for over 5 minutes is fundamentally broken in design.

Go ahead and stand like that until it becomes painful. Then imagine you are having to raise your arms up and down intermittently to fly through rings.

Then realise you have to do it for another 3 minutes.
Puts me in mind of the old bird eyetoy tech demo, much arm/wing flapping it was a great laugh & oddly relaxing, shame it didnt end up on the eyetoy disc when it came out really
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
jaredfogle wrote:This sounds like it could be the first real test of the Wii's potential.

If you're not stoked for Super Paper Mario, you haven't been paying attention ;)
Thanks, man. I really just can't seem to navigate the old planetgamecube stomping grounds like I did for the GC's lifespan.

I'm really considering a Wii ASAP now, and letting Zelda justify the purchase until SPM.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

spm comes out on monday so you could just get both at the same time if you wanted too
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Here are some images of the new Nights game for Wii.

Link: http://www.the-magicbox.com/0704/game070403e.shtml

The is a few more images at that link.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

According to a new report I found via Ars Technica and 4 Color Rebellion, here are some new details:
- Masks allow NiGHTS to shape-shift into a dragon, a dolphin, and a rocket

- Change scenery according to real-world seasons with the Forecast Channel

- Seven dream worlds to explore

- Exchange items via WiiConnect 24
Not sure how I feel about that first one, but others (especially the second point) are definitely cool.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

DaMadFiddler wrote:

Not sure how I feel about that first one, but others (especially the second point) are definitely cool.
Spoken like someone who lives in California, and not South West Wales.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Nachtholm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Nachtholm »

I seriously hope that they don't screw this one up like they did with the 360 sonic...

that aside... Has anyone else noticed that NiGHTS looks like he's made out of plastic?
If a person does not know what evil is, how can that person define good?
If one has no concept of good, how can they understand evil?
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

az_bont wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:

I'd say its more likely that they are going to use forecast channel to obtain 'the real date' for holiday or seasonal themes and events (like christmas nights) rather than relying on it to set up 'real world weather conditions'.

It's a game set in someones dreams, not 'the real world'. Of course, used well and hopefully actual weather events will be used in games more appropriate for that (I remember a rumour long ago that Wii Madden would use the weather channel to set weather conditions for each match)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Looks pretty good (although ID still just assume have seen it on 360). It is still painfully obvious it doesn't compete technology wise with the 360/ps3, however it looks like it actually might be a step or 2 above a gamecube game at least. I do like the idea of actually having a reason to keep my Wii connected to the internet though. Being able to change into other forms could end up being good or bad, only time can tell.

Like many have said though hopefully they don't screw it up like recent games. Sonic Team hasn't really been all that wonderful lately.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
FiendWithoutAface
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by FiendWithoutAface »

Veggita2099 wrote:Looks pretty good (although ID still just assume have seen it on 360). It is still painfully obvious it doesn't compete technology wise with the 360/ps3, however it looks like it actually might be a step or 2 above a gamecube game at least. I do like the idea of actually having a reason to keep my Wii connected to the internet though. Being able to change into other forms could end up being good or bad, only time can tell.

Like many have said though hopefully they don't screw it up like recent games. Sonic Team hasn't really been all that wonderful lately.
"It is still painfully obvious it doesn't compete technology wise with the 360/ps3"

It doesn't compete graphics wise in terms of poly's or textures, but the technology behind the user interface is light years ahead of 360/ps3. Personally I find the tech behind the two to be quite dated in comparison.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

az_bont wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:

California is a bit more like Wales than you think. Goes like this:

October, gets a bit colder than 80F. November-February rain, lots of rain. March-April rain depending on which part of the state you're in, usually less of it. May-September: THE SURFACE OF THE SUN.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

DaMadFiddler wrote:

Also, Telltale confirmed last month that they are porting the new Sam & Max episodes to Wii and XBLA.
Im sure Super Pario Mario will be neat and all, but its hardly a fantastic breath taking title. ITs just another Gamecube game that uses the Wii-mote.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Veggita2099 wrote:Im sure Super Pario Mario will be neat and all, but its hardly a fantastic breath taking title. ITs just another Gamecube game that uses the Wii-mote.
Lol at Super Pario.