Dreamcast Quake3 Mod

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
infurnull
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast Quake3 Mod

Post by infurnull »

Here is a look at Q3MAP2 cel-shading on the Dreamcast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GhP50ZoxKU
leileilol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by leileilol »

'cel-shading' isn't very special in this case as any video hardware that processes polygons can do the dirty ol' polygon eating "inverse black shell" method
POOPOO
infurnull
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by infurnull »

If you are referring to the correct terminology for this-

"quantized inverted normalized vectors" you are right any hardware can do this, but that is not even the point of this example its just something I did additionally
to show I have control over the level which I created . I find your reply interesting- please tell us- how do you think I created this effect? Do you really think it is possible to just run another pass on a BSP there is no compiler for?

Keeping that in mind.... |/|
leileilol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by leileilol »

You did not create this effect.

ydnar added it to Q3MAP2 several years ago, like around early 2003. Like everything else in q3map2 (skyrooms, animated lightmaps) it's a dirty hack for vanilla q3, so of course it's going to work.

What I understand from this thread, you were probably hoping for dumbnified replies like "COOL MAKE JET SET RADIO QUAKE 3" as expected from a stereotypical console gaming community, or something.
POOPOO
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

Cool... Good 'Ol fashin' bar fight goin' on...

(plays Nirvana's Nevermind song...)
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I don't have Q3A installed right now, but Q3MAP2 (or Q3MAP02) is the one where you fight against Ranger, right? I can't recognize anything from it in that video.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
leileilol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by leileilol »

q3map2 is a map compiler. q3dm1 is the map where you fight Ranger in the single player campaign.
POOPOO
kohan69
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by kohan69 »

CheapAlert wrote: What I understand from this thread, you were probably hoping for dumbnified replies like "COOL MAKE JET SET RADIO QUAKE 3" as expected from a stereotypical console gaming community, or something.
I agree.

You're a fraud looking for attention.

If you're not then really make something at least half-complete to demonstrate.
infurnull
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by infurnull »

Please just answer the question- dont give us a story about Ydnar. He wouldn't appreciate being dragged into something so immature. Simply saying I did it with Q3MAP2 is not the answer- try again. Explain how I did this and I will give you the credit you deserve otherwise you have no idea what you are talking about. I did not come here to impress you, digg my own story, or entertain you. I am offering this as a tool for EVERYBODY. I don't make ignorant comments about all of your projects and how I think the quality of the project is- I think there is enough room for everybody and their ideas. The idea of me being a "fraud" is ridiculous- why don't you go to QuakeCon and tell me I'm a fraud to my face while I meet real people with a real interest for modding. This approach of making me angry is not going to work on me- if you challenge me, I will challenge you :twisted:

A "fraud" is a know-it-all that has the answer to everything but is actually just jealous. I will be the first to admit I don't know everything- but this is my work and you cannot take that away from me.
Soon you will all be able to do what you can with it- there is no glorification behind this project for me
other than what the community can do with it. Keeping that in mind.............. |/|
leileilol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by leileilol »

_celshader entity key in q3map2

ethugging huh? We don't care how 'great' you are in 'real-life'. I tend to keep "real modding" as a hobby not a life goal mind you. This is all irrelevant to the ego behind the celshading hack. :roll:
POOPOO
infurnull
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by infurnull »

Yes, thank you for your attempt to make sense of this. Your answer is incorrect- how does it run on the dreamcast? Thats the question. There is no e-thugging here: you either know or you don't know its that simple. Please just answer the question and quit trying to change the subject to me or your life goals. Just admit that you don't know what your talking about and call it a day. :D
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

"I have an yellow ball. I'll take it to the playground tomorrow." :mrgreen:

"Timmy has an yellow ball too, you're copying him!" :frown:

"My ball is different." :angry:

"No, it's not." :nono2:

"Then prove it's not. By the way I won't let you see it." :redtongue:

<continue from here>
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
infurnull
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by infurnull »

Ha! very well put! :P Your getting your guide for how to do this tonight. Honestly, its so simple there is no need for all this comotion- let's just chillax about this, I promise I will :oops:
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Shitty thread. Closing.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."