MTV is officially retarded

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Eckostyle »

MTV started sucking when they lost the meaning of the "M".
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Then you have networks like FUSE who just play crappy stuff, and are like "OMG WE ARE NOT MTV WE SO KEWL" it gets kinda annoying.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Thse two comments sum up my thoughts:
not just souLLy now wrote:I'm really old, i remember when they played music videos
JuddWack wrote:Did the person actually phrase the question with the exact wording "how do will you compete with the growth in popularity with apple"?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

I used to watch a show called "MTV's Most Wanted" on MTV Europe, hosted by a guy called Ray Cokes. This was in the early 90s. Anyone else old enough to remember that?
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Eckostyle wrote:MTV started sucking when they lost the meaning of the "M".
Much like g4, which is starting to pregressively show more shows that would have been on spiketv and less that actually deal with technology. Me miss Techtv; I used to be able to watch it all day on my days off, and now there are very few shows that I actually watch the channel for.

I don't recall if it was on vh1 or one of the mtvs, but I personally loved that '70's house' show they did awhile back. I also enjoy(ed) hogan knows best and breaking bonaduce, when it was still on.

as far as mtv, mtv2, goes, I used to watch wonder showzen and andy milonakis, but I haven't seen either in awhile. And I occasionally catch reruns of beavis and butthead and that pimp my ride show.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Smiley wrote:
Eckostyle wrote:MTV started sucking when they lost the meaning of the "M".
Much like g4, which is starting to pregressively show more shows that would have been on spiketv and less that actually deal with technology. Me miss Techtv; I used to be able to watch it all day on my days off, and now there are very few shows that I actually watch the channel for.

I don't recall if it was on vh1 or one of the mtvs, but I personally loved that '70's house' show they did awhile back. I also enjoy(ed) hogan knows best and breaking bonaduce, when it was still on.

as far as mtv, mtv2, goes, I used to watch wonder showzen and andy milonakis, but I haven't seen either in awhile. And I occasionally catch reruns of beavis and butthead and that pimp my ride show.
I only watch G4 late at night, when they put the good stuff on, like banzai, The Man Show, and others.

And again I quote lewis black about MTV:
Lewis Black wrote:MTV is to music; as KFC is to chicken!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Smurph wrote:I only watch G4 late at night, when they put the good stuff on, like banzai, The Man Show, and others.
Are you serious? It's shows like that that are bringing the channel down. G4 started out being a video game channel, or really just a channel about technology in general. They're turning into MTV when it comes to playing stuff they weren't designed for. Attack Of The Show and X-Play are really the only shows I like on G4 nowdays.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Kenichi wrote:
Smurph wrote:I only watch G4 late at night, when they put the good stuff on, like banzai, The Man Show, and others.
Are you serious? It's shows like that that are bringing the channel down. G4 started out being a video game channel, or really just a channel about technology in general. They're turning into MTV when it comes to playing stuff they weren't designed for. Attack Of The Show and X-Play are really the only shows I like on G4 nowdays.
Attack of the show is severly retarded, I can barely bring myself to watch x-play anymore
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

another reason why mtv is retared is the music they play is horrible! I rarely see them play any band that rocks. Now we have morons like eminem and Kid rock, like they are the greatest rockers :roll: for the record I am 24 years old and I appreciate mid 80's and up until 1997 then music being stupid.with songs like "the thong song" and "mombo #5" and "bye,bye,bye" and all this other garbage. I remember the days of "Faith no More","Ozzy Osbourne (when he didn't suck)" old "metallica", "nine inch nails" and a few other bands I used to jam to.

sorry about my rant but its how I feel about most of the tunes today and also most of the crap they play on MTV! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Have you played dreamcast today?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Dreamcast4life wrote:for the record I am 24 years old and I appreciate mid 80's and up until 1997 then music being stupid.with songs like "the thong song" and "mombo #5" and "bye,bye,bye" and all this other garbage. I remember the days of "Faith no More","Ozzy Osbourne (when he didn't suck)" old "metallica", "nine inch nails" and a few other bands I used to jam to.
There's always been overproduced/promoted stuff in every medium. After a while you learn to just ignore it and look for recommendations from people with similar tastes.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

You know I realzied so many channels are going to crap. Mabye we (not actually us) as a whole are to blame. Just saying sure they play crap. Why? Becuase idiots watch it.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Remember Cartoon Sushi... now that was cool...
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

ASCIIN wrote:
Kenichi wrote:
Attack of the show is severly retarded, I can barely bring myself to watch x-play anymore
I used to like attack of the show before the recent changes, and I can't stand the new people on the show: olivia munn and that girl that does the feed now. I actually miss when sarah lane did them. I also find Kevin Perriara to be quite annoying; he needs to choke on something phallic.

only shows I watch on g4 now are: xplay; gamemakers; electric playground; and cinenatech. Everything else is garbage.

the crap that g4 plays at night during the midnight spank is worse than everything else; nothing more than crap. I miss Anime Unleashed, damnit!!!
Slim_Oracle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Slim_Oracle »

MTV's been retarded since the invention of TRL and the canning of one of my favorite cartoons: MTV's Oddities.
I'd kill myself too if my last name was...COMBS!
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Smiley wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
Kenichi wrote:
I used to like attack of the show before the recent changes, and I can't stand the new people on the show: olivia munn and that girl that does the feed now. I actually miss when sarah lane did them. I also find Kevin Perriara to be quite annoying; he needs to choke on something phallic.

only shows I watch on g4 now are: xplay; gamemakers; electric playground; and cinenatech. Everything else is garbage.

the crap that g4 plays at night during the midnight spank is worse than everything else; nothing more than crap. I miss Anime Unleashed, damnit!!!
anime unleashed sucked

I swear G4 is one of the first networks going through an identity crisis..
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

ASCIIN wrote:
Smiley wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
Kenichi wrote:

anime unleashed sucked

I swear G4 is one of the first networks going through an identity crisis..
Why is that? Maybe you just choose to think that, since you just bashed the two main shows on the network that cover games and technology.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

I saw a Dragonforce video on MTV once. They called their song "Through the Fire and the Flames" - "Through the Wire". I lawled.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

MXC is the best show out right now. its based in japan so go figure.
Have you played dreamcast today?
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

mxc owns on spike tv :)
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

gamedudex2 wrote:mxc owns on spike tv :)
pretty much.