any alternatives to Alcohol 120%?

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
LBI Surf
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

any alternatives to Alcohol 120%?

Post by LBI Surf »

My alcohol 120% trial just expired, and I don't want to pay to buy it. Are there any other similar programs that are just as easy to use that are free and available to download?
kicking, squeeling, gucci little piggy
http://www.last.fm/user/LBIsurf/
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

For CDI images: DiscJuggler (limited to 1x burning) and BootDreams (free). If you'd like to use BootDreams check out the link in my signature.

For NRG images: DiscJuggler (the newer versions support NRG images, but again is limited) and Nero (limited but I can't remember the restrictions).
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

milfzor wrote:for NRG, if your running an earlier version of 6.x then you either gotta update it or mount it in a virtualdrive cuz they dont like the dreamcast format in particular for some reason......if you have plain files though, your best bet is boot dreams :)
Okay, here's the thing with Nero images. There are two different Nero formats - DAO and TAO. I remember when I was using Nero 5.5 I was able to burn both formats successfully, but for some reason I don't remember, I seemed to lean toward DAO images.

Nero 6.0 started causing problems cause it didn't like DAO images and a lot of the already-made images were DAO. It turns out, Nero 6.0 liked TAO images, so that started to get people lost. Then 6.3 came out and supported both image formats again, and after dropped it. I don't know why, cause that's rather confusing if you ask me. The current versions of Nero only support TAO images and do not support DAO images. If you try to burn a DAO image, it will not boot up in your Dreamcast. Here's instructions on how to load a TAO image and burn it with the lastest Nero. I need to emphasize that current versions of Nero only support TAO images in that tutorial.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

I'm a retarded warez monkey.
Feel it, Don't think
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

LyingWake wrote:For CDI images: DiscJuggler (limited to 1x burning) and BootDreams (free). If you'd like to use BootDreams check out the link in my signature.

For NRG images: DiscJuggler (the newer versions support NRG images, but again is limited) and Nero (limited but I can't remember the restrictions).
BootDreams is an excellent package that can burn CDI's (in short, exactly what you're looking for)

I'd also remind you that Alcohol 120% is an incredible package, and the price is reasonable. Don't forget that it can copy disc images so you don't have to load game CD's manually.
UnrulyEvanition
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by UnrulyEvanition »

I haven't tried alcohol 120 but i have used bootdreams and disc juggler. They worked fine. An older version of nero should work too. It worked when i had the old nero. The new nero sucks for this type of stuff.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

(not sure if they do these days or not though).
The lastest versions do support the v2 formated images created with bin2boot.