3rd Annual Dream On Contest (Extended to June 10, 2006)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by MetaFox »

mr. K wrote:The "prizes" part isn't very clear for me. For example, the development team gets a publishing contract for their professional game, GOAT Publishing releases it, and the development team receives these $500 worth of prizes?
Yeah. The prizes will be divided between the two categories though.
mr. K wrote:I am, and I have a project that is already being worked on. However, ...

... I don't know how much of it will be ready at the contest's deadline (May 31). A playable demo is certainly possible, but I would need some more months to improve it. It's a rather complex project.
For the contest build in the professional category, you just have to have a game that has polish enough to be released on it's own in the future. It doesn't have to be complete by May 31, but it has to be complete enough that it wouldn't fit better in the mini game division.
LTK666
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by LTK666 »

Metafox, I 've tried to put in contact with you at this post in dreamcast-scene relative to prizes in Dream On Contest (second edition).
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

LTK666 wrote:Metafox, I 've tried to put in contact with you at this post in dreamcast-scene relative to prizes in Dream On Contest (second edition).
I thought I e-mailed you about that. ETR seems to have "quit the scene" along with the prizes. I'll send out a mail from my alternate address. I talked with GPF, and we worked out an alternate prize - so I'm going to be sending my personal bleemcast discs to you.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Just a reminder that the contest ends at the end of this month.

There's still plenty of time to enter. I'll accept entries all the way until midnight PST on the 31st.

Remember, you don't have to make a complete game - there's a minigame section of the contest as well.

For the full game contest you don't have to have a completely polished game - just a game that is near professional level. If you run out of time, but have a playable game that just lacks some spit and polish - submit it anyway - you still will have a good shot at winning. :D
project-firestorm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by project-firestorm »

Hello

im the programer from Project-Firestorm
my friend Qatmix thought is a good idea to join
this contest. I just wonder why he didnt told me this
3 month earlier :)

well so i only want to tell that we will have a game for the contest
2 weeks ist not so much but should be enough for a small project.

is ther some official page? or more information about the contest?

how many other teams join the contest ...
qatmix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by qatmix »

http://www.project-firestorm.com/

Here is a link to the game we are working on for the comp
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

project-firestorm wrote:is there some official page? or more information about the contest?
http://www.dreamonmagazine.com/Main/DreamOnContest3
project-firestorm wrote:how many other teams join the contest ...
I know of at least one other project that will be entered. Most entries are submitted at the last minute, as complete surprises - even to me.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Im planning on submitting a game. But it will probably be in the last minute, as mentioned. :)
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Just make sure you contact me via PM or email before the end of the contest, as I have to set an account up for you on my FTP.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Just a reminder that the contest ends tomorrow. You still have time to submit your entries, so feel free to contact me via PM so I can set up an FTP account for you to submit your game.
project-firestorm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by project-firestorm »

we are on time 23:57 :)
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

The contest has been extended to June 10, 2006. I have already recieved 3 entries from project-firestorm and qatmix, patbier and poche, and Imerion.

There are 2 entries in the works (I'm not sure if they want to be revealed or not).

The three submitted parties are free to continue their games until the 10th. I'm not home right now, so the FTP is down, but once I get back on the 5th, you're free to upload any changes to the FTP at any time.

Anyone else who would like to enter the contest, but didn't make themselves known due to lack of progress on their projects, or anyone who would like to challenge themselves and start now - or anyone who has a project that is near completion and didn't intend to submit it to the contest, but would like to do so now, you've got plenty of time left. Just PM me after the 5th, and I'll get you guys set up with an FTP account.
patbier
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by patbier »

It seems to have a problem with PM sending today on the forum.
Metafox, could you give us the ftp adress to send you the new version of the game for the dream on contest ?
What is the deadline in GMT time ?

Thanks.
ImageAlice Dreams Tournament Dreamcast fans : http://www.facebook.com/alicedreamst
In August 2015, we had to change "Dynamite Dreams" name to "Alice Dreams Tournament"
patbier
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by patbier »

Sorry, double post
patbier
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by patbier »

I don't understand : i asked Metafox to know where i have to upload the game, and he doesn't answer me. I saw that he read the message though. I don't know what time it is for you but it is midnight for me.
I agree to program before the deadline, but please, give me a ftp adress...

I worked to add new things to the game, in the extension time. I really appreciate to upload the new version, to be judged with the new improvements.

I'm really sorry if you find that this message is not "cool". Please, understand that it's difficult to program non-stop during one week, and don't be able to show the work done.
ImageAlice Dreams Tournament Dreamcast fans : http://www.facebook.com/alicedreamst
In August 2015, we had to change "Dynamite Dreams" name to "Alice Dreams Tournament"
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

i think maybe that meta is not about, and i don't think he will penalise you for him not being around.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

{sorry for the double post, forums a bit buggy}
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I was too busy to reply earlier. I sent you a PM just now with the new FTP info.

Since I've been away, the limit is when I wake up tomorrow - which judging from my sleeping patterns as of late will probably be 10PM GMT.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

OK, seeing as it's now 10PM GMT, I'm going to close the submissions for the contest. The entries are:

Professional Game:
Feuer Frei by qatmix/Project Firestorm
Dynamite Dreams by patbier and poche

Minigame:
RacerDC by Imerion
RACE Neo Geo Pocket Color emulator port by GPF
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

o_O Emulators and ports were acceptable for the minigame?!
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man