XBOX Laser Eats Shit

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

XBOX Laser Eats Shit

Post by ghostparty »

So a couple of weeks ago my brothers XBOX's laser started to freak out.
Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't (or it interrupts during the game with the "disk dirty or damaged/invalid game" warning).
He talked to XBOX support and they recommended he install a new laser, He did, he installed it and alas, the problem remains.
XBOX contacted again: "We're sorry sir we can't help you if you've modified your console."

Has anyone else had this problem and (obviously), what was the solution (if any)?
Politiko
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Politiko »

I have that same problem. Except for know, it has progressed so that it doesn't read ANY discs. I never tried to call it in or anything, so I just pulled out my Dreamcast and started playing it again.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

drop it off the roof and get a new xbox
wont u be my friend?
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Re: XBOX Laser Eats crap

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

ghostparty wrote:So a couple of weeks ago my brothers XBOX's laser started to freak out.
Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't (or it interrupts during the game with the "disk dirty or damaged/invalid game" warning).
He talked to XBOX support and they recommended he install a new laser, He did, he installed it and alas, the problem remains.
XBOX contacted again: "We're sorry sir we can't help you if you've modified your console."

Has anyone else had this problem and (obviously), what was the solution (if any)?
sounds like a thomson drive, and yeah, those are crap

you could try getting a samsung drive from ebay or something, or just get a new xbox.. considering how expensive those samsung drives can be
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

Well some retard at Microsoft DID recommend it and now he's out like $60 or so.