finalfantasy cc and dragonquest wii launchgames from square

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

finalfantasy cc and dragonquest wii launchgames from square

Post by gamedudex2 »

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/705/705607p1.html

Pre-E3 2006: Square Enix Backs Wii
The maker of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest to unveil not one, but two major Wii titles at E3 2006.
by Matt Casamassina

May 8, 2006 -

2:02 Pacific Time

Breaking News: Square Enix has just announced "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers" for Nintendo Wii, also available at launch.

1:56 Pacific Time

Breaking News: Square Enix has just announced a new Dragon Quest game, titled "Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen at the Tower of Mirrors" exclusively for Nintendo Wii. It will be available at launch.

If you're both a Nintendo and a Square Enix fan, you might want to have a seat. Sources close to Nintendo tell IGN that the publisher of the acclaimed Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest franchises is in development with not one, but two titles for the Big N's new generation Wii console. The games will allegedly be unveiled to the world prior to the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2006 at today's Square Enix pre-event media conference, which begins shortly.

Square Enix officially announced at last year's E3 that it was underway with a Wii sequel to the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series, which originated on GameCube as a multiplayer-centric RPG with real-time battle mechanics. Crystal Chronicles was developed by Q-Fund-backed Game Designer's Studio and Square Enix, and published by Nintendo. The title received a solid 7.6 rating from IGN for its lush visuals and intriguing storyline, but the game's reliance on Game Boy Advance controller functionality and link cables at times made its touted multiplayer mode a chore.

Square Enix has not released any new information about the Wii sequel to Crystal Chronicles, but Nintendo fans can undoubtedly look forward to a title that continues the basics of the first game while adding free-hand style controller compatibility and, quite possibly, an online multiplayer cooperative mode.

As for the second Square Enix Wii title, sources stop just shy of slipping us the name, but one insider we chatted with did allege that it's a game which will "make Japanese RPG fans very, very happy." Uh, with Final Fantasy already announced, only one other Square Enix series comes to our mind: Dragon Quest.

Square Enix's DQ titles have remained throughout the years the perfect alternative and, more recently, complement to its Final Fantasy projects, offering up epic storylines and robust fighting systems. Like Final Fantasy, the Dragon Quest games are some of the best-sellers in Japan on a regular basis. Unlike Final Fantasy, which graced GameCube in 2004, Dragon Quest has not seen a Nintendo console since the days of the Super NES.

Square Enix's pre-E3 conference begins soon. Watch this space for official news.
Last edited by gamedudex2 on Mon May 08, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

REMOVE THE AD URL YOU CACK HANDED MUPPET
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I expected a dragon quest game for wii. Square enix already came out with the Kenshin Dragon Quest direct to tv game with a sword controller. It seemed a good fit for the wii.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I hope Microsoft is taking notes.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Me and Gyrovorbis just orgasmed at the thought of a Dragon Quest Wii launch game.

That officially sold my preorder.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Just another reason why I'm excited about the wii; Ninty is finally getting their shiat together.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy CC overall on gamecube, however I didn't care much for the GBa for a controller. I guess its safe to assume you won't need nothing but the Wii and game for this one.

Wasn't a very deep story but it was fun for a multiplayer game.

I have never been a fan of the Dragon Quest games, I guess dragon warrior for the NEs (worst RPG ever IMO) turned me away from them. I am sure the new ones are better though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Veggita2099 wrote:I really enjoyed Final Fantasy CC overall on gamecube, however I didn't care much for the GBa for a controller. I guess its safe to assume you won't need nothing but the Wii and game for this one.

Wasn't a very deep story but it was fun for a multiplayer game.

I have never been a fan of the Dragon Quest games, I guess dragon warrior for the NEs (worst RPG ever IMO) turned me away from them. I am sure the new ones are better though.
See and for me Dragon Warrior was the first RPG I ever played. Then I played Dragon Warrior 3 and was very impressed. I love how Dragon Quest 8 followed the classic formula pretty well, and having a Dragon Quest game on the Wii makes me want to arrange a preorder.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

FF:CC on Cube was fun for about 10 minutes, even if you had 4 people playing.

Let's hope things are different for the DS and Wii versions.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Nyarlathotep wrote:REMOVE THE AD URL YOU CACK HANDED MUPPET
Chill out.