having controller issues w BoR collection 2

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
zlyricist
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

having controller issues w BoR collection 2

Post by zlyricist »

I can get into the games just fine and get them to load. but once i get to the title screens the controller doesnt work, i cant push start to play the game. any pointers?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Sounds like you'd use a controller that's plugged into port 3 or 4 instead of port 1... Still, it could as well be your controller cable extension or you are using a third party joypad !?
Insane homebrew collector.
zlyricist
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by zlyricist »

i am using a third party joypad off ebay, but it works fine for everything else........just weird how it works on the same disc up until the point where you play the game. ill try the port 3 and 4 to see if it works. thanks for quick reply! :D
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I don't think that'll solve the prob. I meant it sounded like your controller would be connected to port 3 or 4 instead of port 1. As it seems it's really the 3rd party controller. Try getting a real SEGA model and everything should be fine ;)
Insane homebrew collector.
zlyricist
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by zlyricist »

ah yes, i'm following you now. thanks!