Dream Inducer file for QuakeDC please

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
flabbyfox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dream Inducer file for QuakeDC please

Post by flabbyfox »

Can someone please make a Dream Inducer .sbi file for QuakeDC. Their is already one for Doom. I have made Dream Inducer files myself, but am not sure how to make this one. Maybe Ill figure it out later.
Play more DC now!
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

By design DreamInducer does not work with anything WinCE.

Even if it did we would need to come up with more 0winceos.bin (has been renamed to 1st_read.bin in QuakeDC) files to point at renamed midway_1.exe files. The midway_1.exe files would need to be hex edited to look for directorys other than id1. (like id2,id3,etc... I've done it. That part works) Cant hex edit a 0winceos.bin to point to a differant exe though. The creator of Gyplay (WinCE powered 'VCD' player) took some time to try and find where it COULD be hex edited... but it had no luck... The call for the exe seems to be scrambled in and can not be found.

The only other source for 0winceos.bin files would be from warez WinCE games... and we cant really support that.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
flabbyfox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by flabbyfox »

darn too bad
Play more DC now!
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

TheDumbAss wrote:By design DreamInducer does not work with anything WinCE.

Even if it did we would need to come up with more 0winceos.bin (has been renamed to 1st_read.bin in QuakeDC) files to point at renamed midway_1.exe files. The midway_1.exe files would need to be hex edited to look for directorys other than id1. (like id2,id3,etc... I've done it. That part works) Cant hex edit a 0winceos.bin to point to a differant exe though. The creator of Gyplay (WinCE powered 'VCD' player) took some time to try and find where it COULD be hex edited... but it had no luck... The call for the exe seems to be scrambled in and can not be found.

The only other source for 0winceos.bin files would be from warez WinCE games... and we cant really support that.
wait a minute, you actually got a wince program to run with dream inducer? why would you need to change id1 to id2 and whatnot?
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

No quakedc and no other wince app should work with DreamInducer... So no I havent gotten it to work with it. (havent tried actually... but it they arent supposed to)

The reason I said you had to hex edit the midway_1.exe is so that you can have more than one mod on a CD. (which is what I beleave flabbyfox was implying that he wanted)

I have a couple cdrs around here somewhere that I have used a hexedited exe that read the paks from id2 instead of id1. So that part is possible.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!