Done make us beg...

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Done make us beg...

Post by spaceboy100 »

Ok,
I own Doom 2, and being able to play on DC is cool...
Being able to see Doomguys face on the VM is cool...
But why of why does it still not support saving and Control pad weapon change?!?
I dont mean to moan or anything (I know I am) but it seems such a shame to get so close to having this game on an entirely homebrew port (if there is such a frase) but not to really play it because these two essential features are missing.
Please someone who knows how add them and realease it.
There is still interest in this project!
Anyway, moan over.
Thanks for what you have done already!
Good work.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

we thank you for your moan, really. :) I'm still trying to find this released source, I wrote Grendal about it, but the message bounced back, guess I'll go try again while I am here.
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by spaceboy100 »

Hi again,
So it seems Doom2 does support weapon change.
Great thats half of my moan out of the way.
I think Crt0 and DCGrendel have done a great job with this game.
If you look at it, it looks better than the versions on any of the other consoles (PS, Saturn, Jaguar, 32X - N64 doesnt count its not the same game) Its very impressive for a homebrew!
But I hate having to go from the beginning every time.
If anyone knows how to do this at all, please add saving to it.
Please please please?!?
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by spaceboy100 »

pretty please?
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Because nobody cares. :)

Who knows, in time we may see it, seems as if Grendal has larger things on his mind though at the moment. I wrote him about getting the source code, but he never wrote me back, I could have swore they released it yet it does not seem to be up for download anywhere, go figure. Anyhow once I get my hands on it I'll be letting the guys over at:

newdoom.com

doomworld.com

and

doomcenter.com

in on it, hopefully one of the guys who hang out there would be interested in picking up the source and making something more of it...

...perhaps not. :)
joe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by joe »

here u go buddy: http://consolevision.com/dcgrendel/file ... -final.tgz
thats the link to the source.
hope someone can do something with it cause i love doom and i would love to see some more cool shit w/ it on the DC, and saving sure would be nice.

also quoted on DCgrendels web site is this:
Future plans:
Music (maybe not support for original in-wad music, but support for mod music through libmodplug)
Networking, I still very much want to have this, unfortunatly theres no good way to make it compatible with dos doom, and lwip is being an ass to me (damn you IP fragments!)
Saving! Theoretically someone who wanted to could hack in the new vmu libs from kos-cvs

so maybe one day this might come; although im not complaining about the current relase cause i think its great
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Thankx a lot, I could not find it on the page, plus I could not acess the page very well with Opera which forced me into the damnable IE which has trouble with this mother board as do all winblows OS'. Anyhow, I'll pass this about, thankx again!