Controller unit Extension Problems

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
semicolo
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by semicolo »

look in modern printers or radios, etc ...
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

cd players are good also. you also don't need one long one, you can put multiple ones together with nothing more than electrical tape. I put 4 from a cd-rom together to make a longer one for the GD-Rom.
ILAMtitan
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by ILAMtitan »

If you dont mind a little soldering you can pick up ribbon cable at allelcetronics.com and use it to extend your conrtoler ports. Thats probably the best bet seeing as how you never know what your gonna get when you canabalize a printer or something simmilar. Im also a little leary of just taping several togther, i would want something a little more sound if my control relies on it.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

for the controller? uh didnt sega make a bunch of extension for those?
hell if that's what you're talking about i've actually made my own from a blown controller port (trimmed down extensivly) and an a (busted) controllers plug and wires.

EDIT
O the controller board. see that wasnt said (either that or i missed it) as soon as i get a quality digital camera i'll show you what i had to do after i accidently spilled frappuccino on my dreamcast. the ribbon cable is directly solidered to the controllerboard :)
Last edited by dcmodder on Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wont u be my friend?