Burnout for GC problem

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Burnout for GC problem

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I bought the first burnout for GC at Gamerush for $10 used and everytime I get to the second race on the second prix, I get the stupid "Error has occured" on my screen, anyone else experience this with Burnout?
Have you played dreamcast today?
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Is there any scrathes on the disc itself? fingerprints?

does it do it with multiple discs or just this one? If the latter, it is a problem with the laser and not the game; if the former, return the disc to the store and get another copy. :wink:

The only other thing is that my cube did the same thing: after five minutes it would display a disc read error; I sent it to ninty and they fixed it citing a defective disc mechanism..whatever that means.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

The disc is scratchless and the store doesn't have another copy of the game, its a shame because I really really wanted to beat burnout. I will admit that Midway arcade Treasures 2 did it last night, I don't understand why its doing it, It has plenty of space in my entertainment center for cooling and its clean. I remember anotehr game that did it a lot was MK : Deception but I had no problems with that for a while, just burn out likes to do it on that one race. I am just fustrated.....
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Dreamcast4life wrote:The disc is scratchless and the store doesn't have another copy of the game, its a shame because I really really wanted to beat burnout. I will admit that Midway arcade Treasures 2 did it last night, I don't understand why its doing it, It has plenty of space in my entertainment center for cooling and its clean. I remember anotehr game that did it a lot was MK : Deception but I had no problems with that for a while, just burn out likes to do it on that one race. I am just fustrated.....
Things get old and things break. Everything is subject to Entropy so don't feel bad or take it personally. Just try to keep it in good shape. Also I would suggest buying a console that looks indentical and switching it out once it works. A used one wouldn't hurt either but other then that all I can tell you is, that's that.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Dreamcast4life wrote:The disc is scratchless and the store doesn't have another copy of the game, its a shame because I really really wanted to beat burnout. I will admit that Midway arcade Treasures 2 did it last night, I don't understand why its doing it, It has plenty of space in my entertainment center for cooling and its clean. I remember anotehr game that did it a lot was MK : Deception but I had no problems with that for a while, just burn out likes to do it on that one race. I am just fustrated.....
I really think its the console not the games..especially if it does this with more than one game..

I would try cleaning the laser...and if that fails, sending it to ninty for repairs. Or if you want http://www.xboxrepairguide.com has replacement lasers/other parts for the cube. Last I checked, cube lasers were $20

If you end up wanting to part with the console, I'll buy it. I could always use the spare parts.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

thats really strange my friend has been having the same problem.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

My copy used to give me issues too. Not sure if that was due to the GC being 2nd hand or the game being 2nd hand. Either way they were both used.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Go for a later game in the Burnout series... the first one is awful compared to 3, or the newest one :)
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

ok, tonight I play MAT2 and Hitman 2, had no problems yet. I like burnout 1 because its a simplistic fun racer. I have burnout 2 for the crash mode. If things get old how come i still have the NES I had as a child and it still works? just a thought. I think the laser should be cleaned,what are suggestions without harming it, I don't want a malfunctioned cube. My hours at my job went down so I barely have enough to buy anything now. sorry for being EMO lol
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

man i know how you feel about losing hours
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

MulletMan13 wrote:Go for a later game in the Burnout series... the first one is awful compared to 3, or the newest one :)
I still enjoy the first burnout. IMO the first was great, and every sequal after it has just gotten better and better.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Dreamcast4life wrote:ok, tonight I play MAT2 and Hitman 2, had no problems yet. I like burnout 1 because its a simplistic fun racer. I have burnout 2 for the crash mode. If things get old how come i still have the NES I had as a child and it still works? just a thought. I think the laser should be cleaned,what are suggestions without harming it, I don't want a malfunctioned cube. My hours at my job went down so I barely have enough to buy anything now. sorry for being EMO lol
50/50 mixture of rubbing alcohol and water....and you're lucky that your nes still works, cause I've had nothing but trouvle keeping mine working.

I have a extra working cube that I could sell ya if it comes to that..I think it might still be under warranty.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I will PM you smiley if its needed. The music in the game is bad, I couldn't stand it. I love the gameplay though, the cube has been working ok but the game hasn't. same goes to a copy of kirby super star I bought, I know this is off the topic but can a dead battery cause a game to malfunction? Kirby uses saving in it and if I can find a way to fix it I'd be happy :D.