Computer problems

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by butters »

Run memtest86 on it. If it passes the full test, there's nothing wrong with your ram.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Nick wrote:Where do I go to figure out the timings?
First, you need to know them. When you bought your RAM, they give you number in a 2-3-3-6 fashion and are labeled in the following order:

CAS Latency?RAS to CAS Delay?RAS Precharge?TRAS

The settings are located in your BIOS. Most likely under Frequency/Voltage Control if you have AMI BIOS.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

butters wrote:Run memtest86 on it. If it passes the full test, there's nothing wrong with your ram.
Passed the test four times in dual channel.
LyingWake wrote:
Nick wrote:Where do I go to figure out the timings?
First, you need to know them. When you bought your RAM, they give you number in a 2-3-3-6 fashion and are labeled in the following order:

CAS Latency?RAS to CAS Delay?RAS Precharge?TRAS

The settings are located in your BIOS. Most likely under Frequency/Voltage Control if you have AMI BIOS.
The timings are 3-3-3-8 on the RAM (according to Corsair spec).

The RAM timing settings are set to 3-3-3-8 in the BIOS and have been since day one.

I'm honestly running out of ideas here. Should I just RMA the RAM back to Newegg and see if it's some undetected problem? Or should I not take the 15% hit or w/e it is, and just buy a new heatsink for my processor? Or maybe scrap the mobo. I dunno. Any other programs/diagnostics I can run on various components?
Very sexy hero, omg