Unreleased Dreamcast Game videos!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
tmcw
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by tmcw »

Cid Highwind wrote:Again I feel sad about all those great games that just didn't make it to DC :(
I was just wondering if there were any games planned for the DC that didn't get released on any other platform. Probably not many.

Agartha is the only one I can think of (and of course PA).

Was there (m)any others? Some games may have been resusitated to other platforms with alternative titles, but essentially the same game.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Wow GunValkyrie looked awesome on the Dreamcast.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Other notable games that were proposed for Dreamcast (although there is a sizable list) or at least mentioned on IGN include Halo, Age of Empires series (to be published by Konami), Max Payne (after the pc release, DC was to be the next home for it), and one that I was really looking forward to was Heavy Metal FAKK 2. Unfortunately G.O.D. changed their collective minds like many others. Konami...well...other than Air Force Delta and Sniper Scope, their support was abominable.

On a side note, I just got back into playing Gun Valkyrie after leaving it for almost a year. That game is pretty cool and takes quite a bit to really master the controls. However, once you do get used to it, it can be a real blast.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:Other notable games that were proposed for Dreamcast (although there is a sizable list) or at least mentioned on IGN include Halo, Age of Empires series (to be published by Konami), Max Payne (after the pc release, DC was to be the next home for it), and one that I was really looking forward to was Heavy Metal FAKK 2. Unfortunately G.O.D. changed their collective minds like many others. Konami...well...other than Air Force Delta and Sniper Scope, their support was abominable.

On a side note, I just got back into playing Gun Valkyrie after leaving it for almost a year. That game is pretty cool and takes quite a bit to really master the controls. However, once you do get used to it, it can be a real blast.
There was a video somewhere on the net of someone playing Gunvalkyrie. The guy mastered the game and spent must of the time in the air. Really crazy shit.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

Sultan of Saturn wrote: Max Payne (after the pc release, DC was to be the next home for it),
no max payne code was ever running on the dc... i know this because Markus Maki the Development Director of (one of the founders) Remedy Entertainment said so...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

you get some you don't get some
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Darksaviour69 wrote:no max payne code was ever running on the dc... i know this because Markus Maki the Development Director of (one of the founders) Remedy Entertainment said so...
That's not necessarily true. The lead programmer for Heroes of Might and Magic III said the game was buggy, unplayable, and ran out of memory and that every last GD-R beta was destroyed.

However, LeGIt sold a completely playable GD-R of Heroes of Might and Magic III on ASSEMbler a few months back.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

well i was at the Awakenings '04 games developers conference in Derry, and Markus Maki was one of the speakers. In the Q&A part he was asked about the dreamcast version (not by me) and he said something like "... well, let me put it this way, i never saw any Max Payne code running on the deamcast...next question"

http://www.torcinteractive.com/awakenings/
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

Darksaviour69 wrote:well i was at the Awakenings '04 games developers conference in Derry, and Markus Maki was one of the speakers. In the Q&A part he was asked about the dreamcast version (not by me) and he said something like "... well, let me put it this way, i never saw any Max Payne code running on the deamcast...next question"

http://www.torcinteractive.com/awakenings/
that just sounds like hes avoiding a question that has pry been asked a thousand times.

wasnt there a video of max payne for the dc floating around the internet about a year ago?
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Deus Ex was also planned for the DC. Damn shame it never made it out -- that game is definately one of the best I've ever played.
Very sexy hero, omg
Aretak
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Aretak »

That GunValkyrie video is very impressive... shame it didn't make it out on the Dreamcast.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

MetaFox wrote:
Darksaviour69 wrote:no max payne code was ever running on the dc... i know this because Markus Maki the Development Director of (one of the founders) Remedy Entertainment said so...
That's not necessarily true. The lead programmer for Heroes of Might and Magic III said the game was buggy, unplayable, and ran out of memory and that every last GD-R beta was destroyed.

However, LeGIt sold a completely playable GD-R of Heroes of Might and Magic III on ASSEMbler a few months back.
So, what does that have to do with Max Payne? He was the programmer of both?

I never liked Max Payne, so I don't miss seeing that too much.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Thomas wrote:So, what does that have to do with Max Payne? He was the programmer of both?
Nothing, and I never said it did. It does have something to do with Darksavior69's comment that I quoted when I made that statement though. People in the industry have said things that weren't true to keep people from bugging them about it.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:Other notable games that were proposed for Dreamcast (although there is a sizable list) or at least mentioned on IGN include Halo, Age of Empires series (to be published by Konami), Max Payne (after the pc release, DC was to be the next home for it), and one that I was really looking forward to was Heavy Metal FAKK 2. Unfortunately G.O.D. changed their collective minds like many others. Konami...well...other than Air Force Delta and Sniper Scope, their support was abominable.

Where on IGN does it halo was supposed to come to dreamcast? If its a link, i would love to read it.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:Other notable games ... include Halo
I remember it was said various times on ZD-TV (before it became techTV, and so on) while showing the Halo footage ( i guess it was from PC)
Max Payne (after the pc release, DC was to be the next home for it)
alleged Dreamcast pics

Notice Max's model is diferent (crappier)
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

well yeah, he could have just been tring to avoid the question, but i belive him, i was talking to him in the pub after (man i was so blocked), nice guy.

i remember reading about max payne in the offical Dc mag, it would have been sweet.

i'm just saying i would not expect a max payne GD-R turing up on ebay anytime soon ;)

btw i remember reading a preview for halo on the DC a long time ago (at that stage it was for mac and dc)
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

hmph I thought 3d realms cancelled Max Payne long before dc's canning.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

I remember seeing Geist Force in the demos before the system was launched. I had anticipated playing it almost as much as I wanted to play SA. Sadly it was cancelled shortly after the DC was launched...but I can't remember why.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Whoah, Buddy. Max Paine on DC looked on par with Half Life 2 on Xbox in that case. Trust me, I just got that game.