Rare stuff, like promos... a few questions

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
tmcw
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rare stuff, like promos... a few questions

Post by tmcw »

Just wondering if chat about promos (like white-label PAL promos) is tolerated in the forums, like here?

Also, wondering about their worth, and how rare they are.

I got a Bust-A-Move promo recently, a white GD-ROM, and it came with a manual (appears identical to the full release), and it came in a DVD style case, but is exactly the same size as a DC PAL case (so doesn't look out of place on the rack beside the others, and has a jacket (one-peice, full wrap-around), which is for the most part, the same as the PAL release. I did however notice that on the back it does say for 1-4 players though, whereas the proper release correctly says it's 2 player. There also appears to be the reamins of what was probably a hologram seal.

How much is something like this worth, and would there be many like it floating about? I have a Tee Off coming my way shortly too, which looks like it's going to be the same. Were Acclaim the only company to package their promos like this?

I also have the FurFighters/DOA2 promo. Is this rare, or worth much?