NesterDC SE - Hard Release Date

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by impact135 »

its out.
4lyes
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 4lyes »

Just finished downloading, very easy to use cd builder :) already making a disc with more roms than i count :) Great work Scherzo keep it up :)
Live, enjoy and love life.
Don't forget to excerise thanx ddr :)
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

4lyes wrote:Just finished downloading, very easy to use cd builder :) already making a disc with more roms than i count :) Great work Scherzo keep it up :)
I couldn't get it to work (it didn't wanna download any of the goodies). Also tried to create a Nero image when I selected to create a DiscJuggler image. Not sure what's wrong. I got a couple errors running the program as well. Scherzo, if it need more info IM me on AIM.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Gah, I knew i shoulda brought my DC. I even got a tuner card so i coulda gotten mad screenies.
4lyes
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 4lyes »

make sure that there is a website (Scherzo's site) in the master library url. My image is still downloading all the goodies. Make sure that the Roms path is pointed directly where your roms are contained. Please note i am using zipped roms.
Live, enjoy and love life.
Don't forget to excerise thanx ddr :)
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Okay, make sure you have the extentions on your ROMs, or else you'll run into problems.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

A couple of people have reported problems with the cd builder already. Just so you guys know, I'm here to help. I'll be checking here often and trying to be on AIM and Yahoo as much as possible.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

I've gotten permission from Scherzo to admit that I have had NesterDC SE for like 2 weeks now "beta testing."

One word: sex.

It's like having the ultimate NES media center deal on your 'Cast. I went through and read some of the manuals for my favorite games that I've never seen the other day. Spent like several hours doing that.

It's just amazing. I listen to the NSF player while I do my homework. I also convinced my friend to buy a Dreamcast just by showing him.

I know a lot of people don't like to bilinear filter their NES games, but I think fullscreen with bilinear filtering looks like SNES.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Scherzo, It's simplay amazing!! Thank you so much. Honstly, this has to be the best emulator release of any scene.
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:A couple of people have reported problems with the cd builder already. Just so you guys know, I'm here to help. I'll be checking here often and trying to be on AIM and Yahoo as much as possible.
The CD Builder seems to work alright but errors several times throughout the creation process just saying that it can't create a certain type of window...then when I put the CD-R in my DC, it doesn't load up at all...oh, and I have already had NesterDC 6.0, 7.1, and DreamSNES work on my DreamCast, so it is not my system...can you help?
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

I have actually gotten that window error sometimes (inconsistently, wierd). But every time I got it, my burn still worked fine...
Vik Abominae X
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vik Abominae X »

GyroVorbis wrote:I have actually gotten that window error sometimes (inconsistently, wierd). But every time I got it, my burn still worked fine...
So, should I try another burn? It just sucks that 6.0 works, and I just want SE to work...I just want to check this sucker out...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Could I get the goodies without the CD builder? That'd be very convenient, at least for me.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

The NSF player is a cool addition. I've never checked out the NSFs of games before.

The Dr. Mario one is quite interesting. Track 9 is a clip that sounds like it might have been the test for level 20's ending music. It sounds similar, but is higher pitched, uses the SMB2 USA ending music, and only lasts for 7 seconds. I'm wondering this, as I have played Dr. Mario to death, and I've never heard that track used in the game.

I wonder how many other goodies like this are hidden in NSF files.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

The image builder worked fine for me (Windows XP Professional with ONLY SP1). Burning the image now..

Edit: Doesn't boot. Heh, the image it generates must not work with Nero6 or something. Going to try to Alcohol.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

Xylene wrote:Doesn't boot. Heh, the image it generates must not work with Nero6 or something. Going to try to Alcohol.
No, it doesn't. The CD builder creates DAO images and Nero 6 only support TAO images.

Scherzo, I got the disc working. Like others I get "can not process window" errors, but I closed mkisofs and bin2boot while they were running since I wanted to use a separate selfbooting tool. It would be nice if you can have it so it just constucts a directory without it creating an image, cause I like to use the CDRecord GUI in BootDreams.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I just beat Super Mario Bros. 3 with NesterDC SE. Man, I had forgotten just how terrible the Dreamcast's D-pad really is.

I think now's as good of a time as ever to buy a PIC Programmer and build an NES adapter using Synlor's instructions.

The Dreamcast controller really doesn't do this emulator justice.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Why not just build yourself a dc->NES joiystick mod? Its easy, looks cool, and yeah...it does the same thing.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

arrowhead wrote:Why not just build yourself a dc->NES joiystick mod? Its easy, looks cool, and yeah...it does the same thing.
I'd rather not gut my NES controller. I'd like to still be able to use it on the NES afterwards if I so wished.
D-Roc
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by D-Roc »

Metafox: I hear that. The Dreamcast's D-Pad makes me want to rip out my own hair when playing games like Contra.

The image burned perfectly for me without any errors. CD builder worked like a charm. The "Adjust Screen" feature is very usefull since most of my DC software didn't look right on the newer flat screen TV's. Great work Scherzo! I hope you end up porting this to the XBOX in the future. The only thing I can't figure out, is how to exit a game and return to the rom select screen without rebooting my DC. Otherwise, I'm loving this.
Born to lose. Live to Win.