Genesis Plus/DC Emulation Discussion

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MaxSonic
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MaxSonic »

Well, the other day I burnt your Emulator with some roms, and I'd have to say it was the worst emulator I'v ever played. I'd turn the sound on, expecting to here mabey a bleep or bloop here, but nothing. The emulator constantly kicked me off and it ran as slow as hell. Then I realized that your emulator was called Genesis Plus and not DCGenerator. *shot*
So today I burnt your Preview 3 emulator, and I must say I'm impressed. The menus are kinda bland, but it's not done yet. See, I have this problem. I can't play a game unless it has sound. Your sound was excellent, although far from perfect. I find it funny that in Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic "Get Blue Spheres", they suffer from the same ring sound problem as Sonic Adventure (you only hear every other ring). Vectorman played surprisingly well, especially with my rapid-fire controller (yes, I know I'm going to hell). Splatterhouse 2 & 3 worked well to, although in 3 the graphics were sorta glitchy. Another thing was that my Sonic Crackers rom would show the SEGA letters flying in, and just keep looking them. Alltogether a good emulator, but I need to know one thing: How do I save to the memory card? I want to save the sram in Sonic 3, but when I exit the game, it's gone. Anywho, keep up the good work.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Another thing was that my Sonic Crackers rom would show the SEGA letters flying in, and just keep looking them.
Yeah, I have no idea what causes that. It seems that the game just crashes and resets itself after the Sega logo. That particular bug is really, really far down the list, so I wouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime soon, if ever.
How do I save to the memory card?
You don't. SRAM saves are not present in that version. This one is up near the top of the list, so it'll be fixed before the next version. Whenever that is.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

BlackAura wrote:You don't. SRAM saves are not present in that version. This one is up near the top of the list, so it'll be fixed before the next version. Whenever that is.
Didnt you have SRAM working partially in your builds for quite some time now?
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yep. However, it only works when using Musashi or C68K CPU emulators. It's totally broken in FAME at the moment.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

nice see that you guys still work on it !
is we need now, a very cool genesis emulator !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com