Imagi set to rival Pixar, Disney, etc

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Imagi set to rival Pixar, Disney, etc

Post by impetus »

http://www.imagi.com.hk/corporate/

I'm expecting very, very good things from this studio. Very good indeed. Unfortunately, the site looks like it's still in its early stages without a whole lot of info to go on yet. But the partnerships with Dreamworks (Father Of The Pride et al) and Warner Bros (TMNT) are certainly good signs that this Hong Kong studio is on the right track.

The anticipation of a new TMNT movie is really exciting. Course, it's my favorite comic series so I'm a bit biased there. But the fact that this is a Chinese company gives me hope that a lot of that kung-fu spirit will show through (much like Golden Harvest's involvement with the original TMNT film).

And Cat Tale is already boasting what seems a very worthy cast. I'm calling this company out as a future major player.
Last edited by impetus on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UndeadDC
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by UndeadDC »

I think there's room for all of them. I used to think the people who did the reboot and Transformers Beastwars would get to be huge (what was their name?), but they seem to have fallen off the radar.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

/me happy that there will be a new tmnt movie; as, imo, the third one blew; the second pwned all; and the woman playing april o' neil (whoever she was) was hot.

You know what was a suprisingly decent movie adaptation of a cartoon?: The Masters of the universe live-action movie of (87?-88?) I saw it awhile back, and it was fairly decent
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Judith Hoag was April in the first TMNT movie. Paige Turco in 2 and 3. Sadly, I didn't have to look that up.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I'm calling it now - no one cares.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Xylene wrote:I'm calling it now - no one cares.
Then get the fuck out of the topic. There are a lot of people here who enjoy animation.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

UndeadDC wrote:I think there's room for all of them. I used to think the people who did the reboot and Transformers Beastwars would get to be huge (what was their name?), but they seem to have fallen off the radar.
Mainframe. I think they went out of business, if I remember right.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered