How to create a selfbooting DreamSNES disc with games

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
fubunics
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fubunics »

edit: NM... :oops:
yetidaddy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by yetidaddy »

Snes is great on DC, but I can't get it to work... =(

Everytime I make a boot disk, it got me to the music screen and then die. When I hit play, it doesn't play either. What am I doing wrong ?

I use Sony brand CD-R to make this.
childhoodmemories890
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by childhoodmemories890 »

"I've extracted the dreamsnes.0.9.8 zip file. I put the roms I want inside 'cd\rom'. I have the IP.BIN in the 'cd' directory, as well. Using BootDreams, I choose to select a BDS image. I burn with a .cdi and select the 'cd' folder. I select the .bds image that LyingWake gave us. I select 1dsnes.sh4. It burns the image. I open Alcohol 120%, choose to Burn Image, go through the wizard without changing settings aside from making it burn at 12x (as shown on the burning walkthrough he provides, he has 12x selected) and burn the CD. After this, the CD does not read in my Dreamcast."

***Please help me. I know I am sooo close to completing this disc. I have an identicle scenario as what I have quoted above. I know everything is right. I did not get any errors, I thought for sure that after 10 coasters with other methods, this was it. After I finished the boot disc with NO problems at all, it did not read in my dreamcast. I have the same dreamcast as the person quoted as well. He said he finally solved the problem with selfboot. So I tried to use self boot in place of the bootfreams step to create the image. After I set it properly it tells me "no such file or directory invalid node." WT*!?! I know the address is correct. PLEASE somebody help me out. I know I am so close. Thank you.
Christuserloeser

Re: How to create a selfbooting DreamSNES disc with ROMs

Post by Christuserloeser »

LyingWake wrote: OPTIONAL: For the ROM list to load quicker (by not reading each ROMs header for the game's title) you can use a ROM list creator. You can use Provlist by burnerO. You must place it in the roms directory prior to running (make sure your ROMs are in this directory). Use it at your own risk! There has been cases where people have ran this tool in a system folder, renaming all system files. Be warned that the renaming can not be undone!
I strongly recommend to use ROMLST by The Krypt instead as it won't rename your ROMs:
http://www.dcemulation.org/files/needed/romlst.zip
Insane homebrew collector.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: How to create a selfbooting DreamSNES disc with ROMs

Post by LyingWake »

Christuserloeser wrote:
LyingWake wrote: OPTIONAL: For the ROM list to load quicker (by not reading each ROMs header for the game's title) you can use a ROM list creator. You can use Provlist by burnerO. You must place it in the roms directory prior to running (make sure your ROMs are in this directory). Use it at your own risk! There has been cases where people have ran this tool in a system folder, renaming all system files. Be warned that the renaming can not be undone!
I strongly recommend to use ROMLST by The Krypt instead as it won't rename your ROMs:
http://www.dcemulation.org/files/needed/romlst.zip
(Sorry, I haven't had time to add this into the tutorial!)
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

No prob.

Someone sticky this tutorial ?
Insane homebrew collector.
Eugenio Gustavo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Eugenio Gustavo »

I have a problan wen i burn iso, see...

###################### Source Disc/Image Information ######################
Tipo: Imagens do Nero
Endere?o: C:\EGHM\TEMP\DC CD\BootDreams\
Nome: DREAMCAST-DAO.nrg
Tamanho: 219.68 MB
Sess?o: 2
Trilha: 2

Sess?o 01:
Trilha 01: Mode 2 Form 2, Tamanho: 098158(191.7 MB), Endere?o: 000000
Sess?o 02:
Trilha 02: Mode 2 Form 1, Tamanho: 000299(598 KB), Endere?o: 000150
#############################################################################

####################### Dumping/Recording Progress Log #######################
17:42:29 Informa??es do Processador : AMD Athlon(TM) XP1700+ (1492MHz)
17:42:29 Mem?ria dispon?vel para o Windows: 523.744 KB
17:42:29 Tamanho da Mem?ria do Buffer: 128 MB
17:42:30 Carregando Arquivo de Imagem: C:\EGHM\TEMP\DC CD\BootDreams\DREAMCAST-DAO.nrg
17:42:30 Informa??es : Sess?o: 2, Trilha: 2, Tamanho: 898 KB / 000:05:74
17:42:32 (F:) HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B(1:0): M?todo/Velocidade de Grava??o
17:42:32 Gravando - DAO / SAO - 10X (1500 KB/Seg)
17:42:33 (F:) HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B(1:0): BURN-Free ativado
17:43:50 Arquivo de Imagem Carregado!
RAW Packet DAO/SAO mode failed, try to use block changing DAO/SAO mode
17:45:22 (F:) HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B(1:0) - [SEND CUE SHEET ERROR]
CDB: 5D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00
D:-0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--A--B--C--D--E--F--
4A
S:KEY - 05/26/00 - "Invalid Field In Parameter List"
17:45:22 (F:) HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B(1:0): Grava??o Falhou!
17:45:22 Mensagem de Erro : [05/26/00] - Invalid Field In Parameter List
17:45:22 (F:) HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B(1:0): Grava??o Falhou!
17:45:24 Ocorreu algum problema com a Grava??o!
Por favor, cheque o arquivo de log e reporte qualquer erro ao Suporte T?cnico.
##############################################################################

I'm folling all steps, an i do know wht can do?

Sorry about my bad english and tank for the attention :D!!!
Eugenio Gustavo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Eugenio Gustavo »

OK now cd is working :D
insidious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by insidious »

With any of the selfbooting things I get this error http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/ ... /error.jpg
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

insidious wrote:With any of the selfbooting things I get this error http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/ ... /error.jpg
Here's a fix for that.
insidious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by insidious »

I love you
insidious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by insidious »

Mmm well I still love you but I have another problem..now it just says "There was an error creating the DiscJuggler image."

*Ugh*
I tried using the pike selfboot like I did the past two time's making this work, but since Service pack 2 I haven't had any luck with anything.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

insidious wrote:Mmm well I still love you but I have another problem..now it just says "There was an error creating the DiscJuggler image."

*Ugh*
I tried using the pike selfboot like I did the past two time's making this work, but since Service pack 2 I haven't had any luck with anything.
Then, there's gotta be a problem running bin2boot. If you can, open up command prompt, 'change-directory' to C:\BootDreams\tools and type bin2boot.exe. What does it say?

An alternative to creating a DiscJuggler image, you can use the CDRecord GUI since the selfboot tool seems to create the ISO just fine, the CDRecord GUI skips using bin2boot and burns the ISOs directly to a disc. You may have to install an ASPI driver - the project page for BootDreams contains a download for one if you do need one.
insidious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by insidious »

Not quite sure what you're saying..Are you trying to change the output directory? Oh well, I'll just try the cdrecord..
insidious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by insidious »

Does this explain my problem any more? I tried running one of the other selfboot things and got this...it was creating the ISO but right at the end it deleted it and this showed up in the cmd prompt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/ ... error2.jpg
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

insidious wrote:Does this explain my problem any more? I tried running one of the other selfboot things and got this...it was creating the ISO but right at the end it deleted it and this showed up in the cmd prompt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/ ... error2.jpg
Very odd. Does BootDreams give you the same error?

Do you get any problems when trying to use the CDRecord GUI?
insidious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by insidious »

Hmm...odd..I tried using CDRecord before, it didn't work...said something about the ASPI drivers (which I had already updated). I just now tried again and I think it's working. I also tried the script on the main dreamsnes page but it would just lock up. I'll let you know if this works.
insidious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by insidious »

MarSprite
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by MarSprite »

insidious wrote:Not quite sure what you're saying..Are you trying to change the output directory? Oh well, I'll just try the cdrecord..
I'm guessing LyingWake meant

Code: Select all

*type the following at the command prompt, the line break is intentional, do type it*
cd c:\BootDreams\tools
bin2boot.exe
and then post here wtf shows up...

if you're using windows xp, the "command prompt" shortcut is usually located either in the "all programs" directory, or in the "all programs\accessories" in all other versions of windows that ive ever used, its been called "Ms-Dos Prompt" and been located in the "programs" part of the start menu

when you open it, it should come up with a 2tone screen (usually white text on black background, but not always) and down at the bottom it should say something along the lines of "C:\BLAH\BLAH\BLAH>"

when you enter "cd C:\blah" it will put you in the "C:\BLAH" different versions of the command prompt wont support long filenames(i forget how many letters) so if your on a POS computer that doesn't have windows XP or if you're smart and you have linux, then you may be SOL.. then again, you may not, i forget how shortened the Evil Miss Dos makes the names... may she burn in hell for all of eternity, along with the rest of her win32 brood...
MarSprite
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by MarSprite »

just tried it...
coasterville...
again... i've tried different methods b4...
i'm gonna try turning on auto-dummy for kicks, see if that fixes it, but here's my setup, and yes, ip.bin is in the specified directory, i got only the files you have posted, so if they're wrong its you, not me, and the circled number on my DC is a 1, im assuming that means its the earlier pirateing capable model, but hell, that could be my problem, i have yet to figure out how to make it run an emulator, and ive had it for at least a year now.. and i got it cause i wanted to play snes again... console style... sad... just sad
oh, when i put it in my DC it seems to recognize it for a moment, (guess its just searching for something) but then when i hit play, it says to put in a play disc, up till that point things seem to go swimmingly.. apparently theres more to it than meets the eye though...
oh, and im selecting 1DSNES.SH4 as my file thingie when it asks me...
so, whats up, am i just F***ING STUPID!!!
or is there something strange goin on
or both? i could be both...
we'll find out on my next coaster
anywho, i have to get off the I-net now...
read-u-l8tr