Cindy Sheehan arrested

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cindy Sheehan arrested

Post by Roofus »

Cindy Sheehan, the California woman who has used her son?s death in Iraq to spur the antiwar movement, was arrested Monday while protesting outside the White House.

Sheehan and several dozen other protesters sat down on the sidewalk after marching along the pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests.

Sheehan, 48, was the first taken into custody. She stood up and was handcuffed, then led to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, ?The whole world is watching.?

Others who were arrested also cooperated with police. Sgt. Scott Fear, spokesman for the U.S. Park Police, said they would be charged with demonstrating without a permit, which is a misdemeanor.

Park Police Sgt. L.J. McNally said Sheehan and the others would be taken to a processing center where they would be fingerprinted and photographed, then given a ticket and released. The process would take several hours, he said.

Sheehan?s 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in an ambush in Sadr City, Iraq, last year. She attracted worldwide attention last month with her 26-day vigil outside President Bush?s Texas ranch.

Link

Looks like she's loving it.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I really want her to die.

She's shown such selfishness and crave for media attention over the past couple of months. Now she says that the media is wrong for showing too much coverage on Katrina and Rita while they should be covering her fallen son. My entire town is gone, and this bitch... I can't go on.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

Yeah I think the fact that she's smiling while getting arrested is a little much.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

If you don't want to go to Iraq, don't sign up for the goddamn military.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Tell that to the guys who signed up because they wanted to fight the Taliban and Al Qaeda.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I think she's ugly.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Tell that to the guys who signed up because they wanted to fight the Taliban and Al Qaeda.
Sure, no problem! Hey, guys who signed up to fight the JUST Taliban and Al-Qaeda: You can't just go and do whatever you want in the military! You do what you are told. If you don't like that, don't volunteer...
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Sure, no problem! Hey, guys who signed up to fight the JUST Taliban and Al-Qaeda: You can't just go and do whatever you want in the military! You do what you are told. If you don't like that, don't volunteer...
I don't have a problem with that aspect of it, but when people act like everyone who signed up must have signed up for Iraq specifically it's a little annoying.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
I don't have a problem with that aspect of it, but when people act like everyone who signed up must have signed up for Iraq specifically it's a little annoying.
If you sign up during wartime, it's a pretty safe bet you're signing up because you want to go to war.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

She looks like a jackass in that picture.

Can't the anti-war movement get a better messiah than this smiling moron? Getting arrested is NOT FUN. Even in cases of Civil Disobedience. Did Thoreau or MLK write about how important it was to look like a complete idiot when getting arrested and making yourself look like you're only in it to hear your name in the papers?
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Jeeba wrote: She's shown such selfishness and crave for media attention over the past couple of months. Now she says that the media is wrong for showing too much coverage on Katrina and Rita while they should be covering her fallen son. My entire town is gone, and this bitch... I can't go on.
I agree with you completely.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Tyne wrote:I think she's ugly.
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

farrell2k wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:

Holy shit! Where've you been? ...!

I was just wondering your whereabouts recently.

<3
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

But that's not what the recruiter said! He said I'd get rushed through SF training and that I personally would get to shoot Osama on TV....

Anyways, back to reality. Well said farrell, wish more people would realise that.
I think she's ugly.
I agree as well. Resolved: This is one ugly b*tch.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Exactly
AFter 9-11 a ton of people joined wanting to go after Bin Laden and such. Now they are stuck fighting a pointless war in Iraq.