Critique my Wife's Artwork

This forum is where you can show off your art, such as emulator software skins, DVD and CD covers; or discuss other art-related topics.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Critique my Wife's Artwork

Post by navi »

As the topic says, like em hate em she's just curious. she's been doubting her drawing talents lately.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

i like the red and white one a lot. they're all good though- she has talent.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

nice, definitely talented, i like the valentinecard and lookieanewid4pr the best.

PS. what a cool thing for a partner to be into, seems you can hardly find girls into gaming and such but yours draws pictures of Iori Yagami for fun, you lucky guy you
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Not only is she pretty talented, but there's a range of styles there, which is nice to see. Those two things are huge assets and it's even more uncommon to see them together.

I feel obligated to say what I always do when I see this sort of work, though: she should find her own style. She's obviously skilled, and her work will only get better when it's her own rather than emulating someone else.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Pretty impressive.

Although, as Greay stated, its lacking in the originality department.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

From what I can see, she has a ton of natural talent. Obviously, she does not have her own style, which is fine for someone starting out. However, the limitations of this are apparent, since she has technical errors that appear in each. First off, she struggles with hands. Some of the finger positions are extremely misaligned. Perspective is another issue. Notice the last drawing where the monitor is not even facing the character. She is so involved in perfecting the look of the character, that the rest of the pictorial information become unimportant and even lost. Not good if she is attempting to make a good compositional piece.

My suggestion to her is basically the same suggestion I give to anyone starting out. Draw from life! The characters that she copies, the original artists based those characters off of life. So why not eliminate the middleman and actually draw from life yourself? Tell her to focus on backgrounds and hands. In fact, tell her to do a series of just hand drawings. After her 10th one, I promise her skills will improve dramatically on that aspect alone. Anyway, if she ever decides to persue an art career, her skills are definately up to it.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I think she watches too much anime.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Not bad, but definitly girly.

Actually it's pretty good. I just think the fact that they are single characters without a real enviornment around it makes it a little boring, or seem unfinished.

I'm not saying it's bad to draw stand alone characters, but since all of her drawings are that way it seems maybe she needs to work on other areas to bring them to life.
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

I like the Iori one especially
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo