Draconus:Cult of Wyrm, WTF

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Draconus:Cult of Wyrm, WTF

Post by U.2.K. »

Just got around to play it, and its a nice game, but i think i may have to get rid of it.

First issue: I dont like playing my dreamcast too long, it heats up a little and i am worry about it dying out, so i play my dc games for 30 mins or 45 mins and then turn it off and play again, maybe a few hours later or 2 days later.

Thats cool , but......

Second issue/Problem:

Playing Draconus, playing one stage sometimes may take me over a hour to finsh, and the bad part you can only save the game after you complete the whole level, the first level took me 30mins, which was cool, but i'm in the second level and its huge, not only that, you can only Set Marks checkpoints when playing the game, but if you set a mark and then turn off the dc, when you come back, of course you cant continue where you left off at.

So what should i do, get rid of the game or just play the whole level and just let my dc rest maybe 3 days after i get done playing each level?
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Draconus is a really nice game! Having long levels is not a bad thing at all... sometimes i play 1 level a day, that way the game lasts for eternity.
If you don't like that you can play Dynamite Deka (Dynamite Cop 2), the entire game can be finished in 15~20 minutes. BTW DC2 is one of my favourite games, really!
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

No its more of a concern on my dreamcast, thats all. I like draconus too, but the dc heats up so fast and just a tad worry. So i might just play one level , and let the dreamcast rest for 2 days and then come back and play another level. Draconus seems to the only game which i cant save and come back to the same part where i left off.

I finsh Dynamite Cop few months ago, nice game, but die hard for saturn is better.
Last edited by U.2.K. on Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

It's a nice game. One of those 5-6 that i finished on DC ;-)
Last 2 levels are far better than the rest ones. Look like much better visually, are a bit harder and you'll fight against the draconus. In those levels you'll probably have reached the level 5 of life becoming everything more spectacular ;-)
Bad things are cameras and there's almost no music in game
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

bender wrote:It's a nice game. One of those 5-6 that i finished on DC ;-)
Last 2 levels are far better than the rest ones. Look like much better visually, are a bit harder and you'll fight against the draconus. In those levels you'll probably have reached the level 5 of life becoming everything more spectacular ;-)
Bad things are cameras and there's almost no music in game
There's music in the first level, you have to listen real good. Its music in the second level too, or music when you about to fight those blue guys. And yes the camera is a little off, maybe because the fighting system seems a bit off too. I do like the powers that you get, nice effects.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

Well, i played it a while ago. I remember the music wasn't something that you hear often but i'm probably wrong :oops:
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

if i remember correctly PAL was not VGA compatible while NTSC-U was... :?
SonicXtreme
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SonicXtreme »

that game was awesome, and it sounds like you just need a new dreamcast, man
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Nothing is wrong with my dreamcast, didnt i just say i am worry about the dreamcast. Meaning yes, paranoid about it. I just plan on playing Draconus like 30 mins or whenever i get done the level and then let the dreamcast rest for a day or too and come back.

I'm trying to finsh up speed devils right now, Dr. X is hard, even when taking shortcuts i get close, but something always goes wrong and i have to do all 5 levels over again, which aint bad because everytime you play them, they change them up. :D
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

You're insane.

Just play your Dreamcast the way it was meant to be played. It's not gonna hurt it and even if it does for some reason, you can just buy another one for $20.

Even if you *WERE* worried about your system overheating, it wouldn't need to sit for "a couple days" after being played, all the internal parts would be back to their normal temperature after an hour of being off at the most.

...word is bondage...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

[nods] I think it's time to bite the bullet and just by another DC.

I played about half an hour of this game before I got bored with it. It was neat, and I liked the premise, but the controls just stank of PC port. It had the loose, floaty 3rd-person-shooteresque controls of a keyboard and mouse configuration, which feel really unnatural in a game like Draconus. I probably would have played more had it had a more console-style control system (something more akin to Zelda, for example).
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

One thing you could do is have an extra fan (full size non-oscillating(or just locked in place)) to help keep the system cooler for that extra 15 or so mins you need to finish the level.

Other things to help keep it cooler are clean out the inside and if need be replace the DC's fan.
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

If there's nothing wrong with the console, then why are you worrying about it? Play as long as it takes to beat a level, then turn it off for an hour, then come back if you want. If you play more than an hour, waiting 3 days instead of 2 is dumb, there's no way it would take the DC that long to "recover" from an hour or two of playing. Sweater Fish is right, there's no way it would take that long for it to cool down.

-Matt
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

The control is not really the problem on this game, the camera is the problem in this game. When fighting those blue rats or something, the camera goes all over the place.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

Lord_Ball wrote:One thing you could do is have an extra fan (full size non-oscillating(or just locked in place)) to help keep the system cooler for that extra 15 or so mins you need to finish the level.

Other things to help keep it cooler are clean out the inside and if need be replace the DC's fan.
I have OC DC that after an hour of play gets to fairly hot...
I don't use it often though only for Shenmue II play...
thought of upgrading the colling system but like usual no time to do anything physical... :(
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

I hate this game, and its going into the trash. I just wasted 2 hours playing the second level, i think its call lomyah something, i'm looking around killing off rats and finding keys, low on health and i'm fighting the boss with only 4% of health, funny thing i beat him, took his head and showed it too the good rats, they gave keys and then i'm low on health and i am lost, dont know where to go, fighting the bad rats is crazy, because of all the incorrect views the game has, UGH i am done......

If only the game had a save thing, so i can turn off the dreamast and come back where i left off. But it dont, so its gone.

:cry:
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

You're overreacting, i sense in the bottom of your words of hatred that you actually like the game and want to keep playing it just to hate it more :p
There is no save in middle of the level, but there are the marks.
I went through the entire game 2 times and i like it, yes its not shenmue or headhunter, but its interesting, most of the dialogues are pretty amusing, the levels are long and well designed (especially the indoor levels).
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Well yea i like it, nice graphics, good music, but i just wish it a save option, so i can come back where i left off at. The marks are good, but i dont wanna play my dreamcast too long, i never played any game for over 2 hours. So the game gots to go, and i will just replace it by playing something else.

Dont matter, i got 2 boxes full of dreamcast games. Right now i am playing:

K.I.S.S.(almost finsh this game) Spawn in the demon's hands, Super Runabout, Aqua GT, and Demoltion racer.

I gots lots to look forward too, so its only 2 games that i have to get rid of and thats Draconus and Headhunter( Dont ask, but i dont like it, little too hard) .

I dont have a lot of patience with games. If a game drives me to a point of Frustration over and over again, i am sorry but that game has to go.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

You should get rid of it.....send it to me. I love that game. :kiss)
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=923149

The price should be at 4.99 or something, just order it online.