Save Shadow!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

Pyrosurfer wrote:Well they've screwed up that game too by adding some cat girl (another new character).
how does adding one more character fuck up the entire game? seriously, iirc they removed all but sonic and added the cat thing, id be more concerned about tails and knuckles not being in there then the extra new character

both tails and knuckles added something good to the mix, why couldnt the cat do that?
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Just use the STAGE SELECT in Sonic Adventure 2, and play the 9 best stages in the game, which are Sonic and Shadow's levels.

yeah, those stages are only available after you do story mode :roll:
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

There is no point in Tails. It's obvious he is only there as the game's token gay character. This was made even more blatantly obvious when they decided he should have the voice of a choirboy in Sonic Heroes.

And in Sonic Adventure 2 they couldnt even figure out what purpose he could have in the game, so just strapped him into a half-ass Mech-thing, completely destroying his main character ability (i.e. being able to fly).

They can't win with 3D sonic, most people only really love the high-speed Sonic levels but a game consisting of just that would seem too shallow and short by today's standards. The problem is, anything they add just doesn't fit in with the series that well, so really, they're doomed from the start.
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

IMHO
The first sonic adventure was excellently done... And playing as gamma was actually really cool.
But then in Sonic adventure 2... The sonic/shadow stages were actually quite fun. The rouge/knuckles stages were mildy fun. but the areas seemed too big.. The tails/robotnik stages were terrible. It was like playing as gamma but slower and nowhere near as cool...

Havent played sonic heroes yet.. but i dont play to as i have heard very bad things...

This shadow game just sounds stupid... (Although i never liked shadow in the first place... Sonic didnt need another enemy and he alread has knuckles as an awesome rival...)
Sonic team (and to a lesser extent sega) are going a bit downhill... :(
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Yeah Sonic Adventure was definitely well executed for a 3D sonic game. They really need to find something more for Knuckles to do though. Playing through the game one character at a time was great, however SA2 it was more like you were playing "3 stories" at once which did take away from the game a bit, but it still had a sonic feel to it - (the sonic levels anyway).

One thing about this Shadow game is - IT'S NOT a sonic game, it's a SHADOW game. Sure it should probably be designed more like a sonic game, but really shadow has no set gameplay as he was just a guest star in 2 Sonic Games.

One nice thing about the game is that it shows Sonic team is trying to do different things. Unlike so many other companies that just release the same old crap dressed up in different packaging.

I admit so far the game does not sound all that interesting, but depending on how things are implemented it might not be as bad as it sounds.

Yeah I'm hopeful, but that's because SEGA as a whole are the most Innovative company when it comes to games. It seems that for the most part everyone else just milks franchises left and right or dresses up old the same old generic gameplay/story in a different box.

EDIT: Yes I realise that this game could fall into the "milking franchises" category.
Last edited by Lord_Ball on Wed May 25, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

BoneyCork wrote:There is no point in Tails. It's obvious he is only there as the game's token gay character. This was made even more blatantly obvious when they decided he should have the voice of a choirboy in Sonic Heroes.

And in Sonic Adventure 2 they couldnt even figure out what purpose he could have in the game, so just strapped him into a half-ass Mech-thing, completely destroying his main character ability (i.e. being able to fly).

They can't win with 3D sonic, most people only really love the high-speed Sonic levels but a game consisting of just that would seem too shallow and short by today's standards. The problem is, anything they add just doesn't fit in with the series that well, so really, they're doomed from the start.
i was talking about the 2d games, in sonic2, sonic3 and S&K tails added the ability to truly explore levels, which sonic doesnt really offer as a character, since he lacks flight in return for speed, also in coop multiplayer tails comes in handy

i agree that the 3d sonics are not good, and tails was completely useless in SA2, but this doesnt mean he is useless as a whole, in the 3d games tails is a valuable character
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

They need to make a game with only sonic, shadow and knuckles. That would be awesome.

Sonic has been going downhill for a long time. I still like the SMS version.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

3D sonic games can work. I loved SA1, it was pretty fast paced. The only bad thing about it was Big the Cat. Every game afterwards was crap though.

I say get rid of all this dark (omg evil sonic) and hero stuff. Just play it out how it used to be, sonic, tails, and knuckles. Sonic does not need to grind rails, or do summons (team blast). Knuckles does not need to collect emeralds, he can play through the same stages as sonic. Once 7 Emeralds are collected, you should be able to play as super sonic, tails, or knuckles in ANY STAGE.
DrFreeze wrote:
Pyrosurfer wrote:Well they've screwed up that game too by adding some cat girl (another new character).
how does adding one more character fudge up the entire game? seriously, iirc they removed all but sonic and added the cat thing, id be more concerned about tails and knuckles not being in there then the extra new character

both tails and knuckles added something good to the mix, why couldnt the cat do that?
Going off recent games, I would not be so certain about that. The only new character from recent games that is any good is e102 gamma. The other ones are just rehashes of old characters.

You're right, where is knuckles and tails? Why focus on a new character when the old classics could be added with that time instead?
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

well yeah, i know about the rehashes, but lets be honest, if that cat plays just like knuckles, im ok with it, even if i prefer knuckles himself

and as for the rail grinding, whats wrong with that? sure it might not be one of sonic's core elements, but i like it, it was even ported to the 2d gba versions which worked out quite nice
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007