Need XDP2?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need XDP2?

Post by NightStalker »

Well you'll be waiting awhile unless you wanna pay for it..nevermind it isnt homebrew and not freeware...and we were lucky it was allowed to even be created by the powers that be that own that software..

I was just in a bit of an argument about the long delays with a browser i know is completed because there are people who have paid for it and have it..and was told...that "frankly..if someone isnt willing to pay $4 bucks for something i've worked years on..i dont care if they get it or not.."

why would i have a right to bitch and complain you ask? well i helped add things to xdp2 that i wouldnt mind seeing people be able to use without having to pay for something they never had to pay for to begin with..whther it was thru sega or when the first psd team released it.not to mention i helped with the previous xdp and the previous psd1.i have helped contribute much to all 3.these browsers are not like the homebrews around..they arent software we need to be selling.we dont have a choice on it if we wanna keep using them and customizing them.

it seems that xdp2 is for sale...and with 4x4 evo and other things that shouldnt be in it.a truly warezed release.i would hope that dcemulation would frown on this and either stop it from being posted about until it isnt sold anymore unless for pure at cost of shipping(which is stretching it..) and without games like 4x4 evolution,etc...and that a alternative download..as it has always been is also available.

the browser is finished,and should be released.there is no reason other than its sale that it hasnt been already.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

If this is true, it is genuinely pathetic and spits in the face of everything those who have worked on the browsers were trying to achieve - namely offering the support for a DC online browsing experience that Sega have not been able to since they went 'bust'.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

So wait.. who wants to sell it?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Yeah, so I can get a copy of 4x4. :o

Seriously though, they wanna sell it for four bucks? I could see if it was just the browser and the cd was labeled, but its probably not. Gamage def makes it illegal.

Why cant you release it? Who the hell is this dumbass to say what we cant have?

While your at it, can you make a list of changes, so that we can do the same thing (or like it) and release it free, just to spite them?
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

Yeah, so I can get a copy of 4x4.

Seriously though, they wanna sell it for four bucks? I could see if it was just the browser and the cd was labeled, but its probably not. Gamage def makes it illegal.

Why cant you release it? Who the hell is this dumbass to say what we cant have?

While your at it, can you make a list of changes, so that we can do the same thing (or like it) and release it free, just to spite them?
i cant release it cause i was never included on having actual files to work with..everything i contributed to xdp1 and 2 had to be done..on the fly.
assuming that what i was sending in would work...while in the meantime
those who contributed ZERO to the work were sent copies of xdp1 before
it came out with gamage,etc...seems the same is/has been done with 2 as well.

as for putting something together..a guide of sorts i could i guess.

but xdp2 uses dc generator to boot apps..which was the official sega
dc demo disc loader..which was a pay for item..meaning you had to
buy the magazine in order to get the disc..so using it would be out
of bounds.

but using ginsu tools already on pw..or a brew booter would be fine.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I am so confused, but very interested om this topic. Could you possibly clarify what the problem is?
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

the problem is that XDP/PSD 2 is being sold with a copy/hacked version of 4x4 evo included...as best as Ive been able to DIG out of those that bragged on having it..and that it's being sold for 4 bucks...that isnt at cost...even if it were..the browsers are not like the homebrews that have authors here who would give or not give approval for a non-profit cd...sega nd planetweb are NOT going to give this approval.

And during a chat session last night..and over the last year and a small time just before the release of XDP1.i had found out by digging for info that it to had been released in a secret manner with a copy of 4x4 evo,etc...so do not be surprised when it shows up on a local dc backup site with these items..and possibly others included.

this was not done with the approval of az_bont or anyone else affiliated with the very first custom release by myself,fatheadpi,etc..it was done by the people at psilocybindreams.com.that is why we have not seen a release in download format...cause it is for sale.

:evil:
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

... what to say? i have been asking for a downloadable vesion of XDP for a long time, but all i got was private messages asking me to send money... filthy...

i know we dont have the right to "demand" any homebrew too be released. yet i think ppl who have contributed (even if it was just in the very early days of XDP like i did some beta testing back then or all of your work) are being left out here in calling the shots. This should be resolved before we have to go on a warez search to find our own work
:o
ImageImage
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

ace wrote:I am so confused, but very interested om this topic. Could you possibly clarify what the problem is?
XDP is the Japanese official Sega Web Browser.

This browser was a significant step up in terms of quality from PlanetWeb 2.6 the last official free DC web browser, so a group of people took the plainfiles release that was included with certain games and replaced most of the included content with translated / western applicable content.

It has always been very firmly in the 'grey area' because it is not homebrew - it is a hacked version of an official Sega product - but the justification has always been that it was given away free (but only in Japan) but selling a hacked version of Sega software is out and out warez, no questions asked, and no moral justification possible.

IF those responsible are reading this topic, they should be aware that this is likely to get PSD / XDP firmly shunted into the segagen category of out and out warez, and this site will no longer support / have anything to do with it, and lock any topics regarding it.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

well i never wanted to see that happen,but it is being sold.as law stated even he has approached those who are in charge of xdp and was told to make an order.you dont have to take my word...but you can damned well bet i wont be working with xdp ever again.and if anyone wants in browser content to any other browser compilation..feel free to use whatever you wish from XDP 1(lets not forget that translations,etc..were started by people other than the current XDP people..so you can have at it..and seeing as they didnt respect a legit release etc..hell feel free to use all ya want from XDP1...no need for any approvals..) and also have at the arcade and javascripts section of PSD.com...most of what i offered is in all those places and you can have it.as for some other things i had offered but we probably wont be seeing in an xdp 2..i will whip together a small...something on what they were and how you can use them..but dctv2 has most of those additions,and isnt being sold..is 2.6x..and surely has no sega games.as for adding chat smilies to planetweb..i'll put something together on that to.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

hmm can you do me a favor and check on irc client? in the early XDPs - up to version 7 i think - i was able to connect to all irc servers. In the later releases, networks like quakenet somehow didnt work anymore. I would love to be able to use your release for chatting again with my dc and bba

as for xdp2 - if all the above is as stated: screw it |/|
ImageImage
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

well you have to remeber..that planetweb is a bit outdated..even its very well built irc client.the errors you will usually see associated with connecting now..such as those with quaknet..are password/mismtach gibberish errors...this is due to irc server side updates..they can be easily resolved..but not on the planetweb side of things.

as for dp's irc client..well...lol..it never was much other than an annoyance...lol.

hint:you might wanna do yourself a simple selfboot of dctv2...you might like some of the irc changes..and some of the other things i messed with..hell i havent even tested em yet.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

So who is selling it, what are their tags?
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

So who is selling it, what are their tags?
Excalibur007 the only person put over xdp/psd besides az_bont...speaking of..anyone heard from him?
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

and to prove the evo is on xdp2..heres a link to some of the "custom" mods and other things associated with 4x4 evo being used on xdp2...nice not linked in regular site files list.

http://www.psilocybindreams.com/evo/
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

my my my...seems psd.com has a irc setup so people who have the modded xdp2 with evo can snag these tracks int his directory...

http://www.psilocybindreams.com/evo/chat.txt

Code: Select all

irc:irc.foreverchat.net:6667 1234 "DCchat Server"
irc:216.201.222.72:6667 1234 "4x4 Evo 1 on TRI"
irc:chat1.4x4evolution.com:6667 1234 "USA (Lewisville, TX)"
trackQueryUrl:www.psilocybindreams.com/evo/
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

also of note on the link above...it uses a query.php...which is really nothing more but calling "query.bin"...which queries the database for files...

psd/xdp..in it's current form is finished as far as i am concerned.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Az hasnt been in CE in the longest.

Ex is selling it?