Has Gamecube become Dreamcast 2?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Has Gamecube become the successor to the Dreamcast?

Yes, and I own one.
32%
No, but I do own one.
35%
No, you're mental.
32%

Total votes: 34
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by GyroVorbis »

People, quit using the DC is dead as a comeback. All that I see is a major misfortune for SEGA, but in a way it didn't hurt us too bad.

Because of their demise, I'm able to walk into Gamestop with a $10 bill and walk about with 3-5 new games and a VMU.

Can you do that with GC? $10 won't get you crap....
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The Kron »

I'd rather have the oportunity to buy new games than be economical with 10 measly dollars.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

The Kron wrote:
Calling a piece of hardware Gay is not a conversation.
I was referring to the other people people speaking, which would be considered a conversation that I broke into, trolled, then backed out of.

I actually do own a GC, can't say it's gotten much use though. Probably will pop in Windwaker (hafta unseal it first) when I get my cube back/get another Cube. And I will buy the new Legend of Zelda on the day of release.

I'd say I've played my GC for 20 hours, max. And I've had it since Christmas 2003.
Very sexy hero, omg
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

GC will never become like the DC becuase of its lack of true modding potential sadly.

True they are similer as they both came from a huge gaming company with true pedegree and lost out to a personal stereo manufacturer, I can see that connection.

But technically no...

And yeh I got one this xmas, great machine :)
Dust on the Dreamcast
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

GyroVorbis wrote: People, quit using the DC is dead as a comeback. All that I see is a major misfortune for SEGA, but in a way it didn't hurt us too bad.

Because of their demise, I'm able to walk into Gamestop with a $10 bill and walk about with 3-5 new games and a VMU.

Can you do that with GC? $10 won't get you crap....
Someone feels the same way I do about DC stuff! but, here are some good and bad about SEGA's misfortune:

Pros:
-Games and accessories are super cheap and are not much worse than tho ones for current consoles (and in many cases better)
-DC's are like $25 on eBay
-Really fun system for really cheap

Cons:
-DC's are no longer made
-No new games unless you import (but even then... They aren't too common)
-Sega Net Servers no longer let us Play PSO and other online games (but then again homebrew servers are free, but most people don't know about them)

You decide. i think that the Cons far outweigh the Pros (meaning I wish the DC was still "alive") but the Pros are pretty good too.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

I agree, i wish it was still commercially alive.

I just had to say that the PS2 version of Sonic Heroes was garbage. Just pure, plain garbage. The game could've actually been awesome, but the PS2 RUINED it. It was the most horribly ported thing of the year.

The graphics suffered tremendously and the glitches were aweful. How would you like to be busting out mad tricks on a grind rail when knuckles just randomly disappears? Would you like to be walking along minding your own business and have tails fall through the ground never to be seen again?

Didn't think so. Buy it for ANYTHING BUT THE PS2.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

PWNT!

Stupid PS2
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

I had been looking forward to Sonic Heroes for over a year. That was so disappointing. *wants a sleek ninja Qbe*
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

GyroVorbis wrote:I had been looking forward to Sonic Heroes for over a year. That was so disappointing. *wants a sleek ninja Qbe*
I agree. The x-box version was the best! box version had better graphics, imo, and adapted well to the box controller.....

As far as comparing the dc and the gamecube; it is silly to even do so...The dc was online capatible, while Nintendo seems to be weary of both its profit and userbase...In addition, the cube lacks the third party support that dc enjoyed...Nowadays, most third parties are publishing all their top games on either the ps or the box...and not gamecube....what a shame....