Stock Heatpipe DC? Sweet!!! (Pics ~ 300k) Should I OC It?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fatheadpi »

Ok, I just checked. The controller board is fine. But perhaps, it should be noted for future reference, the Rev-0 motherboards are only compatible with Rev-0 controller boards.
Indeed. After I finish up the nightly sales, I'm gong to try and finish the wizzard, got to pull all the Rev-0 sh*t off and go back to Rev-1.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

fatheadpi wrote:
Kits would be a good idea. They can get their own switches, just show people where to connect everything.
I'll be able to throw modchips in there for around 10 - 12 bucks soon, waiting on my chips to get in.
Optional I would assume, although a good option for those who want to play the odd import and don't already have a chip. Beats the pants off swapping discs. I'm going to get another DC after I get my car back on the road. I gave the last one I bought to my brother.

Totally OT: It's funny... my brother has a PS2, and a couple of years ago he argued with me that DC was inferior (even though he used to own one) and just became "outdated", that it didn't have the games or the graphics anymore. But now he sings a different tune, and actually agreed with me that DC was ahead of its time, and while playing he commented on how good Shenmue and Soul Calibur still look today.
qatmix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by qatmix »

So when you run ovverclocked GPU do you have to run it in VGA? as the hsync will be off.
Morphv2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Morphv2 »

Probably not qatmix. I'm not sure, but I dont think the GPU runs straight to the video-out port. I believe it passes through several chips on its way, of which one I beileve smooths out the signal to be viewed.

But, hey, I could be wrong.
qatmix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by qatmix »

Indeed, Well Ive overclocke dth evideo and it rolls, Its all about timings anf doing this makes it run quicker..
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

I've got an ancient Sony TV, one of the first colours. Theres a knob to control hsync on the back so it can run 60Hz easily.

Might come in use when I get round to trying this
Morphv2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Morphv2 »

Lol, old tech finds a use in modern times. How ironic.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

fatheadpi, have you by chance ran dcdivx on your overclocked DC? I'm interested if there would be any improvement on the higher quality videos that seemed to be problematic before. (By before I mean last time I used it.. maybe 1 1/2 years ago, so there may be a new version and such, but I'm still curious :))
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

fatheadpi, have you by chance ran dcdivx on your overclocked DC? I'm interested if there would be any improvement on the higher quality videos that seemed to be problematic before. (By before I mean last time I used it.. maybe 1 1/2 years ago, so there may be a new version and such, but I'm still curious )
Was thinking the same thing, since I also haven't used it in about 2 years. Havne't tested Divx yet, I'm a little busy with four DC's on the bench right now and all but my Rev-2 are being problematic. (On a side note, 2 are in color clear cases!) I'll look into it when I get a chance.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Oh, and on another side note, I need a Rev-1 GD-Rom in good condition for my original 9-9-99 Dreamcast, willing to trade for a DC Modchip or a set of the crystal oscillators I'm using, or a brand new Pelican DreamShock controller.