pso v2 help

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

pso v2 help

Post by nevets934 »

when i play this game my dreamcast is insanly loud is there anyway i can make it have an easyer time reading the game? i already tried putting grease stuff on the laser thing but that didnt help much
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

PSO is very tough on the lil old DC. mainly v2, v1 wasent as bad at all. But v2 is of course worth the extra loading. Not much you can do, turn up the sound so u dont have to hear it. hehe.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

v2 hurts the laser?
Not2bEmulated
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Not2bEmulated »

A while back my dc stopped reading discs, so I re-calibrated the laser, and it's quieter and loads faster now. Try that, unless you're a wuss like some people and won't go near that kinda stuff. :wink:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Hell, I just cleaned out my DC by taking it apart and blowing off the dust and the made a huge different in loading noise.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Umm since you own oringal of PSO anyways i'd highly recomend looking for the "Fast Load" version somewhere. It's pretty easy to find.
Loads in about 1/4 the time the offical disk does. Sega did a horid job of laying out the files correctly on the disk.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

hm....... :isthatlegal:
int80h
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by int80h »

kingbuzzo wrote:hm....... :isthatlegal:
nope:
We have been made aware of websites that are offering to sell "backup" copies of software via download over the Internet or in a custom-burned CD-R format, under the guise that section 117 permits this. Section 117 does NOT permit this. Again, section 117 does not allow you to "buy" or "sell" backup copies from or to a third party. It does not allow anyone to distribute "backup" copies to the public.
source: http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-d ... tml#backup
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I recieved my copy of v2 today. Does it hurt the laser? i don't care about loading times just the laser of my DC.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

AFAIK it doesnt "hurt" it in any way.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Sorry, i forgot what AFAIK stands for. So it wont damage the laser/ reduce the lifespan of it in any way?
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

as far as I know.
It strains your laser. I don't know if that cause permanit damage but it defanitly stuggles to read it. I dont even play pso unless its my back up because it sounds like my DC is dieing with my orginal plus it takes ilke 10 to - 40 seconds to load a stage and about 11 seconds to load a vmu characer where V1 took less than 2.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

yikes 40 seconds?!? woah. my orinigal isint even taht bad. the reason that v2 takes so long to load ur character though is because each time u load it, the "cheat protects" are scanning ur items or something similar. Though I have heard the backup released by antisega or whoever it was with faster loading is only as fast as the orinigal. the first backup made was just worse than the orinigal so thats why that was released. am i wrong?
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

So it does hurt the laser? I just wanna know if it will shorten the lifespan of my DC more thatn a normal game would.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Nico0020 wrote:yikes 40 seconds?!? woah. my orinigal isint even taht bad. the reason that v2 takes so long to load ur character though is because each time u load it, the "cheat protects" are scanning ur items or something similar. Though I have heard the backup released by antisega or whoever it was with faster loading is only as fast as the orinigal. the first backup made was just worse than the orinigal so thats why that was released. am i wrong?
Yes its faster than the orginal. Echelon btw and thats the end of this topic ><
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

booya

Post by kingbuzzo »

From my experience, the fast speed release of pso would not work with codebreaker, it reads as an invalid disc even though the game wrks fine. I just use my official pso v2 Us since it works well

I'll try downloading the codebreaker saves one more time just to be sure. might of messed something up when i copied the vmu file.

peace,

Kingbuzzo.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

From my experience, the fast speed release of pso would not work with codebreaker, it reads as an invalid disc even though the game wrks fine. I just use my official pso v2 Us since it works well

I'll try downloading the codebreaker saves one more time just to be sure. might of messed something up when i copied the vmu file.
No there is actually a perfectly good reason why the code breaker won't load the fast version of PSO. And the reason is quite simple, it won't boot warezed games. I've seen methods to get the code breaker to indeed boot warezed games, but it's something I can't go into here. ;) ;) nudge nudge :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

So it does hurt the laser? I just wanna know if it will shorten the lifespan of my DC more than a normal game would.
I wanna play PSO (v2) pretty badly :mrgreen: