FreeDO for DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

FreeDO has been claiming to be on the verge of releasing a DC port for the past few years.

One of the biggest most interesting points of this emulator (iirc) is that they actually bought most of the intellectual properties that compose the 3DOs systems and all.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Freeze »

OneThirty8 wrote: From what I gathered, they're actually licensed developers. That's why they intend to sell those ports - to pay for the cost of licensing and all that. The other versions will be free, because they won't owe anybody any royalties.
...but I doubt they got the licence from SCEA or Microsoft.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

if this isnt another bogus thing like so many we see.it would actually cause me to pull the dreamcast out of the closet..even for a short while.but as with most homebrew/emu announcements concerning dc..i wont be holding my breath.
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

waiting here with my yuy hakusho 3do disk
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

:o JAPANESE games for the 3DO? I only know that there's had been a port of Super Street Fighter 2X a looooong time before the DC release (JP, "Matching Service").

I'm still curious if this will ever happen (FreeDO), if not too bad, but there are lots of other projects for DC I'm interested in :wink:
Insane homebrew collector.
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grimlock »

Salamander, check your PMs.

Hail Picard!
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Hey, really nice emu and a nice port!
DeAthWaGer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeAthWaGer »

ooh, yu yu hakusho! Totally forgot about that! Supposedly one of the best up there with the one treasure made for genesis and Final for SFC (but i actaully HAVE those two...).

yeah, way of the warrior is the MK clone. Shadow looks almost identical, but was made by a different company. i gotta play both again, I haven't since thier releases!
Wheeling Bitch Circus - Keepin' it METAL since 1998:

http://www.myspace.com/wheelingbitchcircus
links1981
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by links1981 »

ok ok ok......if its possable to run 3DO games on the DC........WHY THE HELL cant we get SegaCD games to run?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

links1981 wrote:ok ok ok......if its possable to run 3DO games on the DC........WHY THE HELL cant we get SegaCD games to run?
If you would like to show us how to get SegaCD games running, please feel free to do so. At this point, we don't have 100% accurate/fullspeed Genesis emulation, which we need to have before SegaCD becomes even remotely possible. Even with the Genesis working 100%, you've got a bunch of extra stuff to emulate with the SegaCD. In light of that fact, it's really not likely that we'll see a SegaCD emu for Dreamcast in the forseeable future.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Especially not if by emulator, you mean "something that plays Sega CD games in a fashion remotely similar to the way they were meant to be played". Meaning without massive glitches and with more than 25-50% speed.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Freeze wrote:The 3DO was / is a really cool system in my opinion, the very first generation of 32-Bit games... games like Need For Speed, Road Rash or Gex 3D came out on the 3DO first before the Saturn or PSX. Not to forget Wing Commander III, Theme Park and others.
I had the panasonic FZ-10, It had some great games as well as the best FIFA & Madden games I've played on any system. Btw Mark Hamil (AKA Luke Skywalker) starred in Wing Commander 3.

It was a great machine, If not a little expensive.
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

the five yamanoman 3do/LD VIRTUAL CAMERAMAN games are the most original ones...
in that games, you have to take shots of models from japan in different positions and convince them that the photos are good. depending on it, she could allow you to start a new session in another theme without some clothes, until the model is completelly nude. a strange but fun game(there is a lot of types of cameras and film options. to simulate a film camera, rotating the direction in 360 degrees is necessary!!), obviouslly not for minors.
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

i?m sorry. these games arent yamanoman games but TRANSPEGASUS LIMITED and NAXAT CORPORATION ones.