New DC Accessories! (well, not quite yet, but possibly soon)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Matisfaction »

mattthemodder wrote:I sent a message, dunno if it'll make a difference but any hope of a wireless DC controller or 3rd party broadband adapter is nice to see
The more people they think are interested the more they will think aboot doing it, if they decidded to do 6-button pads and they sold well we might be able to coax them in to producing other peripherals? :D
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

what kind of controllers do you guys all need maybe I'll make another thread with a poll..
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I'd say wireless pads, 6-button pads, and possibly lightguns. That's primarily what I suggested to them when I wrote in the first place, anyway. The DC never did get a good wireless pad, and that's what they seem to already be making here, anyway.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

how about wireless lightguns?
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

as toastman might say, "three little letters, B, B, A"
TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheWanderer »

Wireless controllers, yes, preferably made out of old original (Sega Brand) controllers. Light guns, no. 3rd party light guns are crap enough as it is. Anyone tried the horrid piece of crap that is the Bio Gun? I'd just go for one eBay ($20), or buy some shooters on the (blasphemy) Xbox. :wink:

Maybe it's just me, but I really, really, think that we should get them to do some Wireless Controllers. That'd be sweet, if they do it correctly. Stuff like the maracas are readily available on eBay anyway, as well as some other sites (Cha Cha 3rd party ones). Just my thoughts, anyway.

Gosh, who thought the Dreamcast would have this type of afterlife? It's still got a huge following, and with all the stuff going on, it's hard to believe it's been 2.5 years since Sega released the last game in the US. :D
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

well let's see...
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

:bump:
Anymore news? i was thinkin maybe some pads based on the neogeo CD style "rocker" pads but maybe with some shoulder buttons, those things were cool :D
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Matisfaction wrote::bump:
Anymore news? i was thinkin maybe some pads based on the neogeo CD style "rocker" pads but maybe with some shoulder buttons, those things were cool :D
Where rockers the orginal ones with 4 buttons in arow or the CD version which had there buttons placed like snes?
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

well I had a reply from em and I sent them areply brad has not replyed my mail yet I'll keep you posted

accessories for the dc are exclusivly based on fan demand you can send them an email and ask them to make controllers for dc and show your support...

they have a huge soft spot...
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

maybe if you get a petition type thing going for six button controllers, and get peeps from here and other DC forums to sign, that might give a rough number of how many peeps are interested/want the controllers.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

well it is useless to have the 6 button controllers (wireless) because they exsist down in chaina and they have no vmu slot what we are focusing on is an enhenced orignal dc controller ofcourse it will be wireless

take example of the

Nes
snes

controllers they've been enhenced and slightly changed.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

It's not useless to have the 6 button wireless controllers.

The Hong Kong ones are crap. If these people can make 6 button wireless controllers that have excellent response time, then I'm all for it.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Same here.
You could plug in an original DC pad With VMU in ports 2-4 for saves tho right?
I do that for Silent Scope when using the mouse.

Anyway if they did a Megadrive style pad i dont think youd want a VMU sticking out of the top of it.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Matisfaction wrote:Same here.
You could plug in an original DC pad With VMU in ports 2-4 for saves tho right?
I do that for Silent Scope when using the mouse.

Anyway if they did a Megadrive style pad i dont think youd want a VMU sticking out of the top of it.
You could have the VMU slot at the base off the cord or in the middle. It doesn't need to be in the controller itself.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

You could have the VMU slot at the base off the cord or in the middle. It doesn't need to be in the controller itself.
thats how i would prefer the controlers to be. Kinda like the PS1/Saturn converters.

some SNES/Genesis(megadrive) controlers would be great. I like having a wide varity of ways to play a game.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Matisfaction wrote:You could plug in an original DC pad With VMU in ports 2-4 for saves tho right?
I can't. The ports 2, 3 and 4 in my DC got damaged when we got a blackout here in the last year. The controllers still works on them, but if I put a VMU in a controller that's in one of these ports my saves will get corrupted, so I'm forced to always use the first controller to put the VMUs in. By the way, my DC mouse (original) is only working in the port 4 (haven't tested it in the port 1 btw).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheWanderer »

Not all games will recognise a VMU in ports 2,3, and 4. In some games it must be in Slot A1, even. I believe Shenmue requires the VMU to be in the first port.

I'm all for wireless regular pads...made out of original Sega Controllers. If they are crap that look like Astro Pads, I will not buy them. Plus, it'd probably be cheaper to buy a bunch of old Dreamcast Sega Pads than to make injection molds for new controllers.

If the response time is good, as Meta Fox says, I'd buy 'em. But if they are shoddy, then hell no. I'd recommend RF. :)
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

well discuss it out here we'll be lucky if we get one thing so so far I think we need a sega mega drive style controller with an external or something vly slot or maybe hanging on top of it 2nd vibration could be built in instead of a 2nd slot....