Another Dreamcast with LEDs

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
bizzle
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Another Dreamcast with LEDs

Post by bizzle »

I am not sure if I ever posted this, but I did it a while ago, maybe while I was still banned, I don't remember, but I took some new pictures because I was talking about it on IRC. I actually felt like messing with it again, so maybe I'll post some new pictures if I mess with it some more. For your viewing pleasure:

Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Neat. :D
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Looks nice.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

this is prob. just me, but i dont see the since of having the led's in the side/back unless your going to have it out in an open floor. i like them in the controller port's though.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

MKE wrote:this is prob. just me, but i dont see the since of having the led's in the side/back unless your going to have it out in an open floor. i like them in the controller port's though.
Well, I got a bag of 50 leds, so I sort of went all out.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

MKE wrote:this is prob. just me, but i dont see the since of having the led's in the side/back unless your going to have it out in an open floor. i like them in the controller port's though.
not true, i have mine sitting in a nice tv cabinet with my surround sound / vcr / dvd player. It gives the back end of the cabinet a nice blue hue.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

im not sayin it look's bad or anything, i just see them as useless. plus ive never actually installed any led's (just changed them) so i have no idea.

plus if you got a bag of 50 i dont blame ya (you got any to spare/sell? i need like 20, wanna change the les's on my stereo from orarnge and red to blue and white)
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

PM me if you want some. Yeah, It was useless, I'll agree with that. I don't play the thing anymore anyway, so it doesn't matter.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

do you remember how you put the LED's in the controller ports like that cause that looks awesome.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

DCFan2004 wrote:do you remember how you put the LED's in the controller ports like that cause that looks awesome.
They aren't exactly in the controller ports. If you look carefully at the controller ports, you'll see there is a small gap between them and the plastic bezel, enough if you place the leds in the right place, at the right angle, quite a bit of light will pass through that hole and illuminate them a bit.

While I opened it up again to take a picture for you I noticed one of them came loose, looks like I'm going to have to bust out the hot glue gun and fix it.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

so they're just sitting on top of the ports and the light shines through where that black sheilding meets the plastic contoller port bezel?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Peel of the black thing on top of the controller ports off and then look at my picture again and you'll see exactly how I did it.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Here is another picture, notice I fixed the one LED that came loose.

Oops, I forgot to clean up the hot glue strings :/
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I was bored so I did this.. It's kind of crappy becuase I did it with a drill and a steak knife, but a bit of sandpaper will fix it right up.

TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheWanderer »

Nice job. Looks nice. The 2nd one would prob. look better if the light was shining through the grill though,
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Roofus wrote:Neat. :D
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

TheWanderer wrote:Nice job. Looks nice. The 2nd one would prob. look better if the light was shining through the grill though,
You mean the LED next to the grill? Well.. I only put that there becuase there was a hole in the case and I needed to fill it with something. There is an LED behind the grill though, you just don't see it.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

:( i wish i had a bag of 50 leds
wont u be my friend?
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Xylene wrote:I was bored so I did this.. It's kind of crappy becuase I did it with a drill and a steak knife, but a bit of sandpaper will fix it right up.

Haha, not bad man.
I'd considered doing that and lighting it from behind (red). Don't have any material for the grille though
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

for my grille i used a small (still un-noticed) peice of our fire place fold up wall things. i just hope it stays un-noticed cause my parents would flip if they found a 1" X .5" square missing.
wont u be my friend?