thinkin about building portable n64

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

thinkin about building portable n64

Post by nevets934 »

i'm thinkin about building portable n64. does any one no where i can find a tut that i can use as an example? how much do you think it would cost to make? the main problem i am gonna have making this is i have no idea how i'm gonna make the case for it any suggestions? this is my last question was the later made n64's smaller than the first ones that came out? i no that the newer dc's were smaller but i donno about n64's.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Hey good luck with you, I didnt know they made a different n64 model that was smaller. Perhaps you could use fiberglass for the case.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

lol i'm asking you if the later ones were smaller. and thats a good idea thanks! so far all i have done is planned put the thing. i still need to buy a psone screen and if the newer n64's are smaller i'm gonna buy one of those too.

EDIT: how can i open the n64 it has these weird screws in it. i'v seen online that there are special screwdrivers that would work but is there anyway to open it without buying a special screwdriver?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

nevets934 wrote:lol i'm asking you if the later ones were smaller. and thats a good idea thanks! so far all i have done is planned put the thing. i still need to buy a psone screen and if the newer n64's are smaller i'm gonna buy one of those too.

EDIT: how can i open the n64 it has these weird screws in it. i'v seen online that there are special screwdrivers that would work but is there anyway to open it without buying a special screwdriver?
pen trick. search for it on the forums, someone made a nice tut for doing it a while ago. it involves melting a cheap plastic pen, and shoving it in there to mold it to the screw.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i tried tht pen thing and it worked! :)
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

nevets934 wrote:i tried tht pen thing and it worked! :)
I was never able to get the pen trick to work... What pen did you use...?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i just used a crap bic pen
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

nice

Post by kingbuzzo »

now nothing will stand in your way!

here's a few tips from a guy who doesn't know anything

make sure you use a psone screen that supports rgb

check out that guy dave's site, he has some links to how you can make your own vaccum forming table. I don't know if you'll make it since it takes up a lot of room, and will take more time to make than the N64p.

vaccum forming is really the only way to go. Anything else is just a messy rat nest that will let you play pokemon snap in the most painful way possible.

All the information you'll need will be found at http://www.gamesx.com

good luck!
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

making a vaccum former is way to complicated. my p64 is just gonna be a box lol.
"make sure you use a psone screen that supports rgb" are there versions of the psone screen that dont support it? and thanks! :D
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

umm, go to http://benheck.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/ ... um.php?f=5

just dont go to the main board. it tries to install something so you should use either prevx or norton to stop it. its a good site, though.

also, http://www27.brinkster.com/ninja13/n64/ . If you cant find an answer at that forum, you should go to the second site.

No n64 has ever been smaller but you can use the second link to compact it.

Good Luck.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

i think it'd be pretty easy becuase they are small just need a screen and build a controler on it infavct I might give it a go!
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i have it all planned out all need is a screen. i was suprised when i opened my n64 and saw how small it is. the biggest thing on it is the heatsink