Uploaded another new version
What's new in this release? Tons of stuff!
- New special effects such as screen flashes to show huge damage being delt, also new dust sprites (which the sprite will be improved)!
- Many animation tweaks, much better Dreamcast compatibility it even binds the proper DC controls at start up!
- New enemy! Hell Knight, he's not finished since he'll have a lot of attacks but he's pretty mean for having only 1 attack.
- Ice Field has an additional windy sound to it, so the spell is now 100% complete.
- Fixed the death bug causing monsters to not notice Vigil, this was being caused by spin attacking with 10 health or less; this bug is completely eliminated.
- Vigil now can perform his running dash attack! It's very useful but requires some timing.
- Animation dealing with low framerates has been fixed, this is a big deal on the Dreamcast because when I tested it Vigil's moves were being pulled off way to slowly and was messing up a lot of stuff.
- Changed the behavior of some of Vigil's attacks, the most noticable is Uppercut Slice as it moves him more in the air.
- New item, health potions.
- Items you can pick up now display a message and play a sound.
- Collision detection is now completely and utterly fixed and finished. You will no longer have enemies hitting you from long distances even if you're not in their attack radius.
- Updated map01, completely removed and replaced the older map01 - It's no longer featured in any releases.
- Replaced map01's music, it's a lot better in my opinion because it's more atmospheric and less midi sounding.
There's more changes also, but I don't write them down as I code em.. I just use my memory.
I just played the newer version and i must say the colision is better, not perfect, but better each update, wich is a good thing.
Thanks, it's now perfect - I dare you to try and find something wrong with it. ;)
I found the use for Ice Field, apart from it not being so beauty on winquake, it's great for ambushes. You cast it from a distance, and lure those damn dogs to it, even the barons fall in it :)
Yeah it's a trap type spell, it's not good to rush into a place full of monsters and cast it right infront of them because they'll knock you out of it.
The sounds in the spells are good too.
I agree, charge.wav being my favorite.
Can't wait for the new background musics.
Download the latest version! All the music is being composed by Bl1tz from #terrafusion, he helped with a few sounds too.
It's a good thing to have those items to pick up. I presume Tyne'll add some sound in this action. And the bottle could be animating/spinning before you grab it?
Sound has been added, enjoy. I'll make 'em spin slowly on the ground next update, good idea. :)
And can it have another kind of items to get? Not only Magic Bottles, maybe some HP restoring items.
The 1HP bug still's there :(
Not anymore ;)
But the Spin Atack seems not to be so baron killer ;)
It's still in the process of being tweaked.
@Tyne: What's called the mpot's entity? and how to add those knights who jump from the ledge?
item_mana, item_health. They default to giving you +25 health and +25 mana, the mapper is able to change this by adding "cnt" and giving it a value of whatever.
For monsters jumping off of stuff, use trigger_push. You can also do some other complicated things such as having a trigger_once, or trigger_multiple that tells the trigger_push to turn on, even with time delays!
Mappers are now able to mess with the AI of monsters a bit, and make 'em wake up by triggers also. I'll be documenting this all soon so that'll help ya out.