RadQuake Finito Beta released...

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tyne »

Moi, may I recommend the resolution 512x384. It's still a good looking resolution and it will most likely work with just changing the defines!
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCmad »

So, is IM only trying to make things harrder again? What a shame :(
Don't give up, Moi. It can keep us busy untill nxquake :D
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Thx for clearing this up BlackAura :)
I'm not going to comment Reaper's post publicly to avoid a new flame war. It would be a little unfair from my side too, because he's been a nice guy at some times in the past...
But I have to mention that I'm not feeling bad for releasing finito, because I just dont have any reasons for doing so. RadQuake is under the GPL license, the project is not working on by anyone and it will take some time before a serious alternative, nxQuake will be released. So why shouldn't I take the source and add little improvments to it? (we are talking about features that have been included in older versions already btw) Of course I'll add credits for all contributers so noone is uncredited and it does not look like I was the only person who worked on it.

Those dumb things like the STEPSIZE #define, the 320x200 resolution that makes mods crash are things that can be fixed within minutes but Reaper was too ignorant to do this by himself and is now calling me " jealous"... (Well forget it... I should stop now)

I'm not doing it for fame, but for myself. And when I feel that other people may want the improvements too, why shouldn't I release it to the public? Of course I'm glad when I get an extra subpage on dcemu.co.uk but this was NOT the goal.

Tyne: KOS normaly does not have a screen mode for 512x384. But who knows, I'll try it.

DCMad: I'm glad about any comments, so thanks. And you got the point:
Finito is only something to shorten the time before nxQuake gets its release ;) :)
Last edited by Moi on Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Moi according to reaper your release is nothing but a 'mod', yeah some 'mod' .. too bad it DOES fix crap he and speud broke that shouldn't of been in the first place and could of taken less then a few hours to fix.

I like it when people are ignorant and think they know what they're talking about, it's good for a laugh. :P

*updates his sig*
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah the Radquake project name means Reaper angel development has nothing to do with quake.
I laugh a lot when i see that, shame to see reaper sayin' so many sh1t. I'd like the guy and his strong will. And poor Gabi trying to translate what he posted, sad sad sad. Indeed.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

DCmad wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah the Radquake project name means Reaper angel development has nothing to do with quake.
I laugh a lot when i see that, shame to see reaper sayin' so many sh1t. I'd like the guy and his strong will. And poor Gabi trying to translate what he posted, sad sad sad. Indeed.
I though ian was done with the dreamcast scene, why does he linger around more, just to bash others who are now contributing.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

law56ker wrote:
DCmad wrote:
I though ian was done with the dreamcast scene, why does he linger around more, just to bash others who are now contributing.
Pretty much.
Also, you may have noticed in that post that he was suggesting that he wasn't done at all.
will it's over now have to do it them self had many great releases coming now they never see the light of day
So, I guess he's now quitting over this. Although this was done because he had quit.
No signature.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

toastman wrote:Pretty much.
Also, you may have noticed in that post that he was suggesting that he wasn't done at all.
will it's over now have to do it them self had many great releases coming now they never see the light of day

So, I guess he's now quitting over this. Although this was done because he had quit.
DUHHHHHHH my poor english doesn't let me translate some of Ian's sentences. Can you explain me it?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Well...both to avoid "product confusion" and to shed a little humor on the conflict, how about any future releases stemming from Moi's source branch be called "MadQuake"?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

RADQuake is just nxQuake with SDLQuake's sound engine anyway - all licensed under GPL.

Speud's changes are released under the GPL as well, since any code written that is introduced into a GPL licensed program becomes GPL code as well.

You're completely free to release derivative versions of the program as per the GPL license, but it's not worth it.

Just ignore Reaper and don't touch his releases. I've learned the hard way that you can't fight The EgoImage.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Yeah the Radquake project name means Reaper angel development has nothing to do with quake.
Thtat's really funny. It sounds as if "RadQuake" was kinda new from scratch-written-engine.

...BTW...
A good example, how important commas and dots(?) are:
will it's over now[.] have to do it them self[.] had many great releases coming now[.] they never see the light of day[.]
or is it:
will it's over now[.] have to do it[.] them self had many great releases coming now[.] they never see the light of day[.]
:rumpshaker: :lol:
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

Other than the fact the code is under the GPL license, a name change is probably the only thing can be changed, as it is no longer under development from 'RAD'. MADQuake is pretty funny, though.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

"Yeah the Madquake project name means Moi's Another Development has nothing to do with quake."
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Moi wrote:
Yeah the Radquake project name means Reaper angel development has nothing to do with quake.
Thtat's really funny. It sounds as if "RadQuake" was kinda new from scratch-written-engine.

...BTW...
A good example, how important commas and dots(?) are:
will it's over now[.] have to do it them self[.] had many great releases coming now[.] they never see the light of day[.]
or is it:
will it's over now[.] have to do it[.] them self had many great releases coming now[.] they never see the light of day[.]
:rumpshaker: :lol:
I think it's the first one.
No signature.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Moi wrote:"Yeah the Madquake project name means Moi's Another Development has nothing to do with quake."
Good. Now add this line to your sig :D

Now, back on topic. Ian's a good guy anyway. Just makes excentric statements.
What features you think would be easy to tweak in RADquake Finito?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Well, speud said in there that he doesn't have a problem with this release (at least that's how I interpreted the "not a big deal anyway" part), which was nice.

In the start of the topic reaper said "Not like it matters but leave this up to speud", which was ok too, and makes sense.

I don't know why, but it seems that Ajay saying that Moi's release is under the GPL blowed a fuse in reaper's brain.
it's expected from people that put me down then use my projects for releases
AFAIK Moi never put him down. Well, after seeing reaper insulting and threatening quzar for absolutely no reason, I'm not surprised.
DCmad wrote:DUHHHHHHH my poor english doesn't let me translate some of Ian's sentences. Can you explain me it?
It's his english that's awful, not yours.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Thanx Moi :kiss) This release is greatly appreciated :D
Insane homebrew collector.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Just tested TAoV on Radquake Finito, the framerate a lot of the time goes as low as 12 or so, ouch! :( It's hard to understand what's going on at such a choppy framerate. Also the mod menu is broken from experimenting with it:

A) It'd freeze if I put plain mod files into /Medieval/
B) It'd freeze if I packed the plain mod files in a PAK0.PAK file and used it in /Medieval/
C) It'd work if I renamed TAoV PAK0.PAK to PAK3.PAK and shove it in the /ID1/ directory with the other PAK files.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Oooops...
I heard that the modmenu didnt work correctly, but it never supported plain files.
For now I guess that the problem is: when you have more than one pak file in your mod folder only one pak file is recognized...
I'll see if I can add 4.3's modmenu to finito and add some gfx and sound to it.Luckily TDA uploaded the 4.3's source to console.quakepit.com, coz it isnt on imrtech anymore.

Merry XMAS btw :)
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Merry xmas, Moi and everyone.

What i would like to see in finito the most, is the 4.3's 640*480 resolution back, or even 320*240 with 16bit cameras or any other improvement.
Ok, a bit latter to ask it for Santa :oops: