God told Robertson about Iraq casualties, but not Bush

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

God told Robertson about Iraq casualties, but not Bush

Post by Roofus »

"Pat Robertson, an ardent Bush supporter, said he had that conversation with the President in Nashville, Tennessee, before the March 2003 invasion... 'I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, "Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties."' Robertson said the President then told him, 'Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties.' Robertson, the televangelist who sought the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, said he wishes Bush would admit to mistakes made. 'I mean, the Lord told me it was going to be A, a disaster, and B, messy,' Robertson said. 'I warned him about casualties.' More than 1,100 U.S. troops have died in Iraq and another 8,000 troops have been wounded in the ongoing campaign."

Read article
Last edited by Roofus on Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

this shouldnt come as a surprise. since when has bush *EVER* admitted being wrong about anything?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

weeperofsouls wrote:this shouldnt come as a surprise. since when has bush *EVER* admitted being wrong about anything?
If he ever has, there wasn't a live mic nearby.

And, not that I believe that this dude had conversations with God (I'm sure he prays, but I don't think God answers), but he did predict things pretty accurately. In fact, I think a lot of Americans made the same predictions.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

A President cannot and will not ever admit to making a mistake about anything regarding the country. It's insaneto ever assume that one would. If Bush were Kerry, in the same situation, do you think he'd admit any wrong doing? Of corse not. Don't be ridiculous. You may not agree with Bush's decisions, but there is no way to prove that they were wrong.
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

Reagan did.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

farrell2k wrote:A President cannot and will not ever admit to making a mistake about anything regarding the country. It's insaneto ever assume that one would. If Bush were Kerry, in the same situation, do you think he'd admit any wrong doing? Of corse not. Don't be ridiculous. You may not agree with Bush's decisions, but there is no way to prove that they were wrong.
It might as well be a fact that he was wrong about the WMD in Iraq. Of course he was too busy talking about unrelated topics when it came to the WMD.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
GPF
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by GPF »

It might as well be a fact that he was wrong about the WMD in Iraq. Of course he was too busy talking about unrelated topics when it came to the WMD.
It wasn't "he" that was wrong, its was the USA and many other countries intelligence agencies. He never talked about any unrelated topics, he stated that the world was a safer place without Sadam, which Kerry agrees with.

There hasn't been a war yet that doesn't have casualties. While sad, very true.

But better soldier dieing for our freedom, the US citizen dying on our soil due to terrorists. Which if I remember right there has been another attack since 9/11, so Bush must be doing something right.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.
Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: Thank you, dear.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn't work.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

touche.

wait a sec... didnt clinton also admit to being wrong? oh, but he doesnt count for some weird reason...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

This man also proposed that we fight terrorism by forming a 'Prayer Shield.' He also defended Charles Taylor because he's a Christian.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:This man also proposed that we fight terrorism by forming a 'Prayer Shield.'
It obviously worked. We haven't had an attack on our soil since 9/11. Or have you forgotten the sacrifice of those 3,000 god-fearing, flag-waving, apple pie-eating American Heros that died? I guess you're just a hippie pinko nazi. Jesus. Why don't you roast some Jews then equally distribute their possessions among your followers, traitor. :roll:
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

GPF wrote:It wasn't "he" that was wrong, its was the USA and many other countries intelligence agencies.
Yeah, Bush has absolutely no responsability for anything that happens in his office, because ALL the data he gets to base his decisions upon are collected by government agencies, research institutes and other people. The job of the president is to make decisions, not to walk around collecting data. If the president is simply not responsible for his decisions then just put a monkey in the office. At least the monkey would be cheaper to maintain.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
GPF
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by GPF »

Yeah, Bush has absolutely no responsability for anything that happens in his office, because ALL the data he gets to base his decisions upon are collected by government agencies, research institutes and other people. The job of the president is to make decisions, not to walk around collecting data.
Bush, did take responsibility. The world is a safer place without Sadam according to Kerry. Kerry had the same information that Bush had when he voted to authorize the war.
If the president is simply not responsible for his decisions then just put a monkey in the office. At least the monkey would be cheaper to maintain.
If Kerry wins, that is exactly what we will have :)
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

really? i cant recall any time bush has taken responsibility for anything, outside of repeating empty rhetoric when asked.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

OneThirty8 wrote:
weeperofsouls wrote:this shouldnt come as a surprise. since when has bush *EVER* admitted being wrong about anything?

And, not that I believe that this dude had conversations with God (I'm sure he prays, but I don't think God answers), but he did predict things pretty accurately. In fact, I think a lot of Americans made the same predictions.
he's just about the most unchristian person on the planet. it shocks me that bush talks frequently about having gods backing, and doing things "in gods name" yet the guy has probably been responsible for the deaths of more people than anybody since hitler. his policies go against everything jesus taught about charity, caring, understanding, humility.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

the guy has probably been responsible for the deaths of more people than anybody since hitler
That's quite a stretch. I doubt he's even in the top 10.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
the guy has probably been responsible for the deaths of more people than anybody since hitler
That's quite a stretch. I doubt he's even in the top 10.
Perhaps not, but he's still not a very good president, he's not a very good Christian, and he's not a very good person.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

souLLy wrote: yet the guy has probably been responsible for the deaths of more people than anybody since hitler.

:rofl:
Last edited by Jeeba Jabba on Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

souLLy wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:

he's just about the most unchristian person on the planet. it shocks me that bush talks frequently about having gods backing, and doing things "in gods name" yet the guy has probably been responsible for the deaths of more people than anybody since hitler. his policies go against everything jesus taught about charity, caring, understanding, humility.
do any of you bush haters know what the hell your talking about anymore ? seriously, your so blinded by your hatred of george w. bush that you come up with the dumbest idiotic things anymore. b.t.w. saddam killed more people than bush ever did or will do.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

pavelbure wrote: b.t.w. saddam killed more people than bush ever did or will do.

I think he was being sarcastic. ;)
I hope.