dc help needed!!!!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
gameshowmaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dc help needed!!!!

Post by gameshowmaster »

today i was playing my "newly" bought copy of gundam side story and the the dreamcast just stops and doesnt attempt to read the cd or any other cd. do any of you know the problem? PLease help me you smart ppl! :cry:
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

i dont know why it would happen so suddenly, but it seems soemthing might be wrong with your motor if it doesnt even spin.
gameshowmaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by gameshowmaster »

now it spins but only once so i believe the lens is just too dirty or something. how might i clean it or something?
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

i take alocal (cant spell LOL, its that stuff u put on cuts or w/e thats in a clear bottle) put it on a paper towel, an lighly brush it on the lense, works 4 me
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

alcohol, or a lens cleaner. Also have you tried other games? There are a lot of possible problems, I mean try it on a friends dc etc...
good luck
gameshowmaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by gameshowmaster »

i tried other games. it spins once now and doesn't play the game. it just stops spinning.
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

A friend of mine once had the same problem after headbutting his DC after losing at Vtennis. He had to buy a new DC coz the price of a new lens/ laser assembly was too expensive at the time!
gameshowmaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by gameshowmaster »

i did nothing to harm it. ill just try cleaning the lens with alcohol then if it doesnt work ill buy a used dc with my paycheck.
gameshowmaster
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by gameshowmaster »

my dreamcast is fixed.no money was used to make it worked. i used a very ancient repair technique used on peices of equipment. do you knows what that technique is?
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

the smart way to fix it is to buy a new dc trade the guts with yours return the new dc and get your money back brand new dc for free but dont do it its wrong :evil:
ScruffysApricots
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ScruffysApricots »

alcohol? im not sure that its a good idea on a lens...on metal connectors used in cartridges, sure, and maybe the insides, but the lens isnt waterproof and if you get any alcohol (i know it evaporates) inside, or any resin is left from dust being wet, it would get worse..
lens cleaner discs just have small brushes on and thats it