BBA's Available...

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BBA's Available...

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Just thought I might point this out.

http://www.buyritegames.com/product_inf ... &last=1012

...I know the general consensus is that BuyRite Games isn't a very good company, but I've ordered from them twice without any problems. So if anyone has 80 bucks and wants a DC Broadband Adapter....
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Wasn't it BuyRite that was taking the discs out of LAN adaptors, then selling them as Broadband Adaptors? Or was that another site? I think it was BuyRite because I do see the suspicious DreamPassport for LAN, which was packaged with the LAN adaptor for sale on their site....
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Yeah - if it doesn't specify whether the model is HIT-0300 or HIT-0401, it usually signifies a dodgy site.

I'd e-mail them first - then at least you have some ammunition if they tell you it's a BBA and it turns out to be a LAN adapter.

For the record - I've purchased from Buyrite a couple of times with no problems too, but I've heard plenty of horror stories about them representing items falsely on their site.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

this is really sweet :P
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

... and I don't recommend trying to go after it. In the end I know it doesn't matter - that's how Buyrite works. They seem to have stuff that no one else has, so despite all the warnings and horror stories, people STILL go there, buy something small, have a stroke of good luck, and then wonder why they're getting screwed when they go back and try to order a big ticket item. EVEN though they should have seen red flags when correspondence with Buyrite is almost non-existant (TRY sending them an email, or giving them a call...).

Please don't buy from them. I know that DC BBAs aren't exactly easy to get ahold of, but you're seriously risking losing money when you do business with Buyrite. I'd hate to see that happen to anyone here on DCEmu. :kiss)
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3699.html

BuyRite is ultra bad juju. I've dealt with them before, and all 5(yes, 5) times were total hell. Dont even bother.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

What is the difference between the BBA and the Lan adaptor?
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

wow i just roamign thier site...they got a lottttta stuff...i want it all!
crabcakes
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Just lock the topic. This company should have been shut down like yesterday and leaving this topic open just condones their madness.

DO NOT buy from them, please.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:What is the difference between the BBA and the Lan adaptor?
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

As far as I know, the LAN adapter (LA) is cheaper, and has better DHCP support, but also has no compatibility with commercial Dreamcast games. The BBA can play Quake 3, Pod 2, Phantasy Star, and a couple others, but has problems working within a neetwork because of the lack of DHCP support.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Digital Chaos wrote:
SLA uses actual main processor resources as opposed to the BBA which does not. Im not sure though if that means the SLA is any less compatible or anything. Does it work with dc-loadip or whatever the BBA dcload is? if so, then i might consider getting one...
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

quzar wrote:
Digital Chaos wrote:
SLA uses actual main processor resources as opposed to the BBA which does not. Im not sure though if that means the SLA is any less compatible or anything. Does it work with dc-loadip or whatever the BBA dcload is? if so, then i might consider getting one...
I think it just needs a different version to work. The DCLoadIP side does, anyway, not sure about the PC side of things.

Heh, I wonder when you'll finally give up on trying to get people to call it an 'SLA'.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Well the thing is for me I am not a coder I just want something that will get my DC online and running.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Eckostyle wrote:http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3699.html

BuyRite is ultra bad juju. I've dealt with them before, and all 5(yes, 5) times were total hell. Dont even bother.
Holy crap! Their rating is lower than EasyBuy2000's, and their's is damn low.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

someoneElse wrote:
quzar wrote:
Digital Chaos wrote:
I think it just needs a different version to work. The DCLoadIP side does, anyway, not sure about the PC side of things.

Heh, I wonder when you'll finally give up on trying to get people to call it an 'SLA'.
hehe, yea, ive always call it sla, but nobody follows suit. It makes sense though! Sega LAN Adapter! COMON PEOPLE!
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

quzar wrote:hehe, yea, ive always call it sla, but nobody follows suit. It makes sense though! Sega LAN Adapter! COMON PEOPLE!
Nah, it reminds me of cole slaw. ;)
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

I just seen a BBA, On Ebay ?90 WTF?
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

SLA, SLA, SLA... I've got it! 8-)

So, the SLA is compatible for Web browsing, at least? I am not sure of why I still want to browse the Internet on my DC, but, for some reason, I do...

Oh! I remember, now... There is no phone line in my room, and, I wish to download bonus items for games; and also, to check to see what certain Web sites look like, through the DC browser. :D

Matisfaction: Rarity and frenzied consumers!
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

MetaFox wrote:
quzar wrote:hehe, yea, ive always call it sla, but nobody follows suit. It makes sense though! Sega LAN Adapter! COMON PEOPLE!
Nah, it reminds me of cole slaw. ;)
pronounce it letterwise not by syllable. S-L-A not SLAHH =P