"Final Fantasy VII-2" already in development

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

"Final Fantasy VII-2" already in development

Post by az_bont »

"According to the upcoming issue of Weekly Jump magazine, Square Enix is developing a Final Fantasy VII spin-off that will feature ex-Turks gunman Vincent as the main character. The game, which was first hinted at in April, will be titled Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII.

The only information currently available on the game is that its story involves a mysterious group called the DGs attacking peaceful towns in the world. The game will take place one year after Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, the CG movie that recently premiered at the Venice Film Festival and is slated for release next year on DVD and the PlayStation Portable's UMD format.

While Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII is slated for release on the PlayStation 2 in 2005, Square Enix lists the game's genre as "undetermined," which suggests that the game is still in the early stages of development. GameSpot will bring you more information on Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII as it becomes available."

Source: GameSpot
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

On GameSpot, I have FFVII:AC on my tracking list, so when this artical came out, I was e-mailed the link. I wasn't that surpriesed. There probably going to do even more spinoffs of other FFVII characters.
Ultimate Evil... :headbang:
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

heres some screen shots.

Looks great, i really can't wait for this and FF12 to come out :mrgreen: .
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

They could have picked a better character, though. He was an optional extra, and even if you did get him he was rarely useful. He certainly has an interesting background, but I was never all that fussed on him.

My only hope is that the astounding sales of this game will prompt Squaresoft to release a complete remake of the game, as was their original intention (FFVIII and IX, too).

Regardless, I'll be buying this game on release day.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Dude, thats why they picked Vincent for all the things you said, he never had much of a story in FF7, the is lots of gap holes that can be filled in, the is so much room to do stuff with this character that its not even funny, i think he is a perfect character to use for an ff7 chapter, but just like you, i hope the sales for this will be hugh, so that they know how many people want to see a remake of ff7, and 8 and 9, they are the only games thats left in the main ff games to not get a remake??.
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

Please, for the love of all things, Square-Enix, please, please don't mess with the style of rpg. >_<, I swear, if they make it hack & slash.. or some type of fps.. cuz Vincent uses a gun, I'll have a coarse word or two!
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

from what i hear they will most likely be using the same battle system Vagrant Story uses, imo that was a great battle system for a 1 character rpg.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Well, at least they aren't calling it FF7-2. If it is going to be a sequel it should use the same battle system.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

ragnarok2040 wrote:Please, for the love of all things, Square-Enix, please, please don't mess with the style of rpg. >_<, I swear, if they make it hack & slash.. or some type of fps.. cuz Vincent uses a gun, I'll have a coarse word or two!
Ermm, what made you think a gun would effect the style of battle? Barret uses a gun, Squall uses a gunblade, Yuna, Rikku and Paine all use guns in FFX2 and there are probably more ff characters from other ff games I havent played that wield guns, and its all still turn-based battle.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Pyrosurfer wrote:Well, at least they aren't calling it FF7-2. If it is going to be a sequel it should use the same battle system.
Yes if they would be using more then 1 character, but since atm it looks like they will only be using 1 character i don't think that ff7 battle system would work too good, if the rumers are true and they will be using a battle system like vagrant Story that would be much better imo.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

This one is going to suck just as much as the first one.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

:nono: I just hope they don't screw things up with this. They had better get it right.
this is my signature
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I can guarantee that the people who wil be looking forward to this the most, are the people who will also hate it the most, because their genitals are too tightly inplanted in the original to like many other FF games, let alone a spin-off title.

Of course, they dont realise this yet, because they never do.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I never even bothered to get Vincent when I played FF7. Just didn't see the need for him.

Shame its gotta be a ps2 game, really sick of buying new games that have the graphics of a dreamcast game. Got these nice powerful systems like GC and Xbox and all the games I want end up on crapstation 2.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Looks like Square is running out of original ideas and needs to scrap old ones.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

how many people want to see a remake of ff7, and 8 and 9,
seriously, why mess with classics, wasnt twin snakes a very good example why not to?
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

megaman8x wrote:
seriously, why mess with classics, wasnt twin snakes a very good example why not to?
Not true, look at Resident Evil Remake on the Gamecube, it was a great game. Much better then the original. That is a perfect reason to do it. I personally think they should have done that with RE 1, 2 and 3.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

great! Hopefully it won't be another FF X-2 >.>
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

BoneyCork wrote:Ermm, what made you think a gun would effect the style of battle? Barret uses a gun, Squall uses a gunblade, Yuna, Rikku and Paine all use guns in FFX2 and there are probably more ff characters from other ff games I havent played that wield guns, and its all still turn-based battle.
Don't forget Vincent. He used a gun as well :).
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

megaman8x wrote:
Well you already got an answere to that, just look at resident evil remake to see how good a remake can turn out, or look at the remakes of final fantasy 1,2&3, i know they are 2d games, but why should the same thing not apply for 3d games?.
and no i never played twin snaked but i do plan on picking it up at some point, so can i ask you why you didn't like it?, why was it worse then the original?.